Order Entry Keypad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mercurial, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Thanks!

Jay

#21     Oct 22, 2003
  2. This sure looks more my speed than the game controller method, although I'm sure any of our brokers would love to give either of them out for free since they'd make a killing of a return on them.:D

#22     Oct 22, 2003
  3. #23     Oct 22, 2003
  4. qazmax

qazmax

i have never used this item, but the website says it can record any key strokes and store tehm as one key on the Xkey pad.

But it seeems to me that you would always have to have the cursor in the correct starting place or it would not work.

e.g.

it my not be the the same key strokes to check my positions from one cursor spot to another.

or is I want to enter an order and I am on the positions page the key strokes will begin at the wrong place.

If I have to get the cursor to the correct position first then it may be actually slower than the point click order entry already avaiable??

:)

#24     Oct 23, 2003
  5. Ditch

Ditch

Best way to use this stuff is first setup hotkeys in TWS and then record the hotkeys in X-keys, still your cursor has to select the instrument , for which you want to put in an order. Another drawback is that you can't record mouseclicks and keystrokes under the same key.

#25     Oct 23, 2003
  6. qazmax

qazmax

How do you use a key board to change windows that are open...

Tab moves throug the cells....
    CTRL + Tab moves through the tabs on top...
    Alt + Tab changes software programs...

But I have multiple window boxes open in the same software and I want to move through them with a keyboard (no mouse), how do I do it?

Thanks,
    :)

#26     Oct 24, 2003
  7. xx

#27     Oct 24, 2003
  8. DTK

DTK

This is fantastic.
    A little late night surfing for hardware tips seems to have paid off in a big way for me. Thanks truncheon.

#28     Nov 9, 2003
  9. kowboy

kowboy

First of all would you get the 58 key model or the 20 key model?

Would you get the PS2 cable model or the USB model (which requires software).

When using the Xkeys, I assume you must also have to use the the regular key pad to change the symbols on the charts and order entry window.

How do you do this?

Thanks

#29     Nov 9, 2003
  10. Lancer

Lancer

kowboy,

Due to all the routing options, if trading stocks, I'd recommend the 58-key. If trading futures, then the 20-key is fine. If you can afford the difference, I'd still go with the 58-key because keys not needed for trading are useful for other applications.

Definitely get the USB model, and get the new SE version if you can find it. The USB model works with the X-Keys Macro Recorder software, and the USB SE version works with the newer Macro Works software. http://www.xkeys.com/resources/xksoftware.htm Also, the USB model can be plugged-in and unplugged from the PC while the PC is running.

You still need your regular keyboard for typing symbols.

#30     Nov 9, 2003