Order Entry Keypad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mercurial, Mar 26, 2003.

1. If anyone is interested in a programmable keypad for order execution I have found a great source.
    I created a custom layout and graphics to interface with IB’s TWS.
    See the attached file.

I looked for a vendor of a tool like this for quite some time and eventually put together my own solution.
    I could make them for other people if anyone is interested.

Best regards,

Alex

2. See the attached photo.

3. nkhoi

nkhoi

you print your own label and stick them on your keypad?

4. if it's for free, it's for me:D

5. I designed and printed the graphics then placed them under the transparent key-caps.

The keypad itself is not a standard numeric keypad, each key can store up to 19 keystrokes of your choice.

I had originally used F keys for shortcuts and hotkeys but there are not enough and I need the F keys for Tradestation shortcuts.

I also like to use key combinations that are unlikely to get typed accidentally... I have had the bad experience of entering positions unintentionally before.

6. Who hasn't?

7. I can already see the Liquidate ALL button going off a little too often. Gotta put a glass shield over that one!
    Good idea though.

8. Banjo

Banjo

That's a nice piece of work, mercurial, not much use to the average trader but nice creative thinking. What's the expense for one in USD?

9. I guess it would require more keys for stock trading if you take in to consideration all of the order routing options.

10. bronks

bronks

mercurial-- check your PM box.

#10     Mar 31, 2003