Order entry front end for IB-suggestions...

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Price+Volume, May 14, 2006.

1. Hello, I'm planning on start trading e-minis soon and was wondering if any can recommend a simple and reliable order entry front end for IB...

or, should I just use TWS instead?

Your opinion is appreciated. :(

2. Vienna

Vienna

without a doubt ... for me. Used to use NT, but it used to hang, lag, whatever,especially on the Euro- not acceptable. The feature of setting a limit buy entry at the bid and have it autochase the market is worth the price alone, IMO.
    Forget TWS.

3. Vienna

Vienna

I mean Buttontrader (was omitted from my previous post)... should have said: "Buttontrader, without a doubt"...

4. 4XIS4U

4XIS4U

Thanks Vienna. I'll take a look at it.

5. I personally like Zero Line Trader.. was using it before IB came out with their "book trader" or whatever it is (I don't like using it)

http://www.zerolinetrader.com/

6. 4XIS4U

4XIS4U

That looks good too -- I'll download and evaluate -- a bit cheaper than ButtonTrader...

7. taodr

taodr

Also using Zerolinetrader !

8. bolter

bolter

I agree that button trader is in a league of it's own - but does have a steep learning curve. That's the price you pay for power and flexibility.

I've used the simulator version of Ninja without any of the reported connectivity issues. I quite like it, it does have excellent performance reporting.

You might also want out check out button trader and zeroline trader. The latter is probably the best entry level front-end.

Good luck.

9. bolter

bolter

Button trader in the last paragraph should read Bracket trader.

10. I second that...

#10     May 14, 2006