Order entry front end for IB-suggestions...

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Price+Volume, May 14, 2006.

1. Hello, I'm planning on start trading e-minis soon and was wondering if any can recommend a simple and reliable order entry front end for IB...

or, should I just use TWS instead?

Your opinion is appreciated. :(
  2. Vienna

without a doubt ... for me. Used to use NT, but it used to hang, lag, whatever,especially on the Euro- not acceptable. The feature of setting a limit buy entry at the bid and have it autochase the market is worth the price alone, IMO.
    Forget TWS.
  3. Vienna

I mean Buttontrader (was omitted from my previous post)... should have said: "Buttontrader, without a doubt"...
  4. 4XIS4U

Thanks Vienna. I'll take a look at it.
  5. I personally like Zero Line Trader.. was using it before IB came out with their "book trader" or whatever it is (I don't like using it)

6. 4XIS4U

That looks good too -- I'll download and evaluate -- a bit cheaper than ButtonTrader...
  7. taodr

Also using Zerolinetrader !
  8. bolter

I agree that button trader is in a league of it's own - but does have a steep learning curve. That's the price you pay for power and flexibility.

I've used the simulator version of Ninja without any of the reported connectivity issues. I quite like it, it does have excellent performance reporting.

You might also want out check out button trader and zeroline trader. The latter is probably the best entry level front-end.

Good luck.
  9. bolter

Button trader in the last paragraph should read Bracket trader.
  10. I second that...
    #10     May 14, 2006