Order Entry API

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by vikana, May 22, 2001.

1. dlincke

dlincke

CaroKann, it cannot do anything that would harm data integrity, but rogue client software can easily overload a server. Quote.com's continuous capacity problems may very well be in part due to people overloading their servers with custom code.

#11     May 26, 2001
  2. CaroKann,

It appears that quote.com have found that some of their outages/slowdowns are caused by "poorly programmed" applications that requests incorrect or invalid data. While not officially documented, the ContinuumClient now slows down clients requests so that any application only can request 4 securities per second. If you request data at a higher rate, the requests are either delayed or ignored.

eSignal insists that all applications that have access to their dataserver be certified and tested by DBC in order to ensure proper behaviour.

Sorry, I could have been more specific.

#12     May 28, 2001
  3. vahj

vahj

vikana,

Is the $2400 commission also flat and you don't
    have to pay more no mater how high is your monthly valume.

Val

#13     Jul 5, 2001
  4. vahj: It's my understanding that it's the minimum commision.

#14     Jul 5, 2001
  5. def

def Sponsor

confirmed, the $2400 is a minimum.

#15     Jul 5, 2001
  6. Pssst

Pssst

I hear patsystems offer API....anyone know how much it cost?

#16     Jul 9, 2001
  7. msoftsys

msoftsys

Vikana,

I`m very interested in Order Trading API as well.

I would be very thanful if you can explain
    What are the Disadvantages of myTrack?

It seems that they have exactly what we want...

You wrote that they have 'high commisions',
    do you mean $12.95 per trade or something else?

I have almost finished a program that trades using Datek.
    but it not seem to be reliable enough ...

Michael.

#17     Jul 14, 2001
  8. Knyyt

Knyyt

Anyone know the requirements for using the PatSystems API? I sent a email already, waiting for a answer, but wanted to see what others out there have learned already. Any known drawbacks or problems encountered yet?

Thanks,
    Knyyt

P.S. I got a note from EricP,( From the SI DTF thread) he stated that he talked to IB at a Expo or something, and they told him last november about the fact they were going to release a API to the general public. Def, or anyone, can this be confirmed as true at this time?

#18     Jul 19, 2001
  9. Fletch

Fletch

SLK has an API for Redi+. I don't think there are any minimums or fees... just has to be approved by your broker.

It's not the best API in the world... but it works.

#19     Jul 19, 2001
  10. msoftsys:

My software is interfaced to Datek using inet (Internet Transfer). In the Qfeed User group there is software that will help you get started

#20     Jul 19, 2001