order efficiency ratio at IB

Discussion in 'Options' started by NanoTick, May 10, 2017.

1. TBD, hopefully won't find out.

#11     May 10, 2017
  2. I'm in the same situation. I'll let you know if something happens to me first.

#12     May 10, 2017
  3. This is exactly the activity level as mentioned in the footnote of this page http://ibkb.interactivebrokers.com/node/1343

#13     May 10, 2017
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

That's IB major problem. You can't do some kind of passive quoting because you will reach their OER immediately.They implemented this policy back in fall 2010. At the time I had an automated system generating about 1/4 of my income and IB put it out of business instantly...This year I try some new stuff on stocks, Boom, here it is again...I am at second notice...Curious to see what will happen to you 3rd notice offenders...LOL

#14     May 11, 2017
  5. ironchef

ironchef

I am curious, why do they care about OER?

#15     May 14, 2017
  6. Benihana

Benihana

Since IB is so big, if they let everyone go crazy with their OER, maybe it eats significantly into their bandwith or possible fines from exchanges? Just guessing here.

#16     May 14, 2017
    MoreLeverage and TraDaToR like this.
  7. IB mentions that in this article: "IB’s order management and routing systems are negatively impacted when the volume of orders submitted by clients is significant relative to those which are actually executed. Left unchecked, unproductive orders have the potential to slow system performance, adversely impact other clients and increase capacity requirements and costs. To minimize the load of such orders on internal systems and to comply with exchange policies, certain of which impose a surcharge for excessive messages, IB monitors order activity and may place restrictions upon clients who routinely submit a disproportionate number of unproductive orders." http://ibkb.interactivebrokers.com/node/1343

#17     May 14, 2017
  8. Craig66

Craig66

Resurrecting this old thread, how did the posters get on with the IB and their OER?
    I'm now getting this problem and wondering how others resolved it.

Can anybody using Lightspeed confirm this is not a problem with them?

#18     Oct 31, 2018
  9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Craig66,
    Are you a current client of Lightspeed?
    What is your specific question?

You can call me after 7:30 am ET if you want.

#19     Nov 1, 2018
  10. Craig66

Craig66

Hi Robert,
    Answering your questions in order.
    * No
    * Does Lightspeed place any minimum fill / send / cancel ratios on API clients.

#20     Nov 1, 2018