Orange Juice!!

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by john33, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Surprise

Surprise

OJ tumbling lately any ideas from traders ?

#11     Apr 11, 2012
  2. when i read the comment "i guess you'd have a lot of oj to drink" oj almost came out of my nose. obviously this applies to any commodity you're trading (e.g. "i guess we can make a lot of bread w/ the 50k bushels of wheat i now own").

re ideas for trading OJ, looking at the chart which is all i do, since the middle of march it has been in a steep downtrend so either short or stay out - no need to try and pick the bottom.

for those inclined to pick the bottom, wait for an up day (OJ hasn't had one for 6 days in a row!) then place a small stop below the low of the day.

#12     Apr 12, 2012
  3. That's exactly how I interpreted the statement "I guess you'd have a lot of oj to drink"

Also, I have seen that OJ hasn't had an up day in the past six days as well! I must say though it looks like an up day for OJ may be just around the corner. Guess we'll have to wait and see :)

#13     Apr 12, 2012
  4. Opulence

Opulence

Well, I got in at 141 bought 10 contracts and sold at 146. I think it's gonna go up again tomorrow. I'm not sure though. Gonna keep an eye on it.

But how about that Cocoa today!? I bought 20 contracts at 2080 and sold at 2150!

Today was a good day in the markets!

#14     Apr 12, 2012
  5. Surprise

Surprise

I am in at 54 and 39 so i am near breakeven right now , need a little extra pop and will make nice money :cool:

#15     Apr 13, 2012
  6. ssrrkk

ssrrkk

what I don't get is who is drinking OJ made from concentrate anyway? All you can find in stores are "not from concentrate".

#16     Apr 13, 2012
  7. Better call in the Dream Team!

#17     Apr 13, 2012
  8. i'd look to 155-160 to take profits since that's the area it broke down from. it will take a lot to break back through there.

#18     Apr 14, 2012
  9. Handle123

Handle123

I got short OJ in late January and have had to rollover, took me a few shots at finding the top, but now I just keep my breakeven stops in and watch the weekly bar charts, actually it is automated. I stopped using daily bars on long term commodities 20 years ago, way too many losses and drawdowns were too big, and way too much work. I want to get in near extremes and then stay in it for long haul.

#19     Apr 21, 2012
  10. What happened ?

#20     Apr 21, 2012