OQO Ultra Mobile PC and CQG’s Integrated Client for Electronic Trading

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JayS, Apr 1, 2008.

1. hprop

hprop

I have an OQO model 02 and originally intended to use it on the go for trading/watching quotes.

I'm not happy with it at all - it takes MINUTES to start up (Vista Ultimate), and compared to the stuff that Asus as out now it's already dated (I got it in August last year). My advise is to forget about OQO and look at Sony, Asus and their competitors.

#11     Apr 7, 2008
  2. Mine takes about 2-3 minutes to turn on and get going. I have Vista too but would probably go with XP if I had it to do over again. Most of your delay is probably due to Vista's sluggishness loading all of it's services. You can probably speed it up considerably by disabling all of the unneeded services that Vista runs by default. Most of them are not needed for what you are trying to do with it.

#12     Apr 7, 2008
  3. How do you connect to the internet with your umpc? I am looking into getting one like this one

http://www.amazon.com/Fujitsu-LifeB...TF8&coliid=I1UY6MI56QEHPW&colid=1Z3EHSFGEV98Q

I plan on using a wireless card from sprint/alltel/verizon and was wondering if anyone uses those cards to connect to the internet? If not then how do you connect?

thanks
    Eric

#13     May 4, 2008