Opus Atlanta Traders?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by CalScholar, Jun 13, 2007.

1. I'm currently undergoing what I assume to be the screening process at Opus Atlanta -- responding to question prompts via email.

If there are any Opus Atlanta traders on this board that wouldn't mind sharing some information about their experiences with the firm, I would greatly appreciate it.

PM/Email preferred.

Thanks!
    CS

2. subban

subban

Its ETG or PTG something that was bought over by Opus. Even though the name is Opus its still run by former ETG people and have the same method of scalping. Also no salary, so better have some money saved up.

3. What method do they use not the Swift method (sorry swifties) I hope?

4. minmike

minmike

I never actually worked for them. Not a huge fan of their management.

5. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

I interviewed at ETG in about 2002 and found the branch manager - I believe his name was Sloan - to be a complete cocksmoker. He was about 5 feet tall and had a really bad Napoleon complex. I did not even follow up with him after my interview since he was such an asshole. if this guy still runs Opus, you should run for the hills, save up some money, and trade with Bright off Peachtree. That's my advice.

6. I'm a bit discouraged (and surprised) by the responses so far. Past threads on Opus Trading were very favorable.

Has something changed recently? I think they were paying a small salary to the trainees, though this is no longer the case. Other than that, I would guess the training program is the same, and it happens to be the most comprehensive program that I have come across.

7. CTT

CTT

Opus Atlanta and Opus Trading Fund are 2 entirely different companies.

8. From what I understand, Opus Atlanta is a branch of Opus Trading Fund, and all training takes place in the Atlanta Branch under Ben Rote. From what I've read, Mr. Rote is a highly respected trader, so I assume that his mentoring is quite valuable.

9. Interviewed there. Their personality and work environment is exactly how it's portrayed in movies.