OptionVue vs ToS

Discussion in 'Options' started by Joel Reymont, Nov 12, 2006.

1. aren't you comparing apples and oranges? ToS has commision fees.. OptionVue has a system cost and a data cost on top of commissions.

Additionally, ToS let's you "pick your commissions"... I don't pay near that much for my trades.

#41     Jan 18, 2008
  2. Hello,

maybe this is not very pertinent to what the OP asked, but has anyone heard of PLATINUM by Optionetics ?

Can't you backtrade with their software as well ?

I think it also does everything else OV does.

The cost is $ 995 for 1 year...so it is much cheaper than OV, it is all web based, no need to download anything. Simple and straight to the point.

What do you guys think of Platinum ?

#42     Jan 19, 2008
  3. LOL yeah right...check out the post on the recent threads list right now about Optionetics screwing someone over.

#43     Jan 19, 2008
  4. Tums

Tums

Platinum is a great educational tool.
    It is also handy if you need to analyze a few independent trades a month. (in that case, TOS can do the same trick.)

But if you are trading at the portfolio level, where you have to manage the delta across your holdings, then you will need a more robust analytic tool.

#45     Jan 19, 2008

5. Aaand...abla espanol ?

That has absolutely nothing to do with comparing options software.

Tums...thank you for your answer !

I guess what you are saying is that if you do a lot of options OV is probably best, while Platinum is more suited for a beginner/intermidiate options trader, but not a professional option trader...am I right ?

#46     Jan 19, 2008
  6. Funny that you make a biting remark at my intelligence...in fact it has EVERYTHING to do with comparing the software. If you weren't shilling for them you might be able to notice that for yourself.

Would you want to do business with a company that did sketchy things as mentioned in the thread I linked to?

Even more importantly, would you trust them to actually develop software that was worth a shit, when, as you can (or can you) plainly see they are only focused on separating you from your money and not on delivering value and service?

So, I understand that your only priority here is to drum up business for the company, as magically you have barely 20 posts and are using some generic user name (which is common for shills by the way since they are just in a hurry to peddle), so I see why you are trying to act as if my post was not relevant....

But the fact remains that my post is EXTREMELY relevant....and if you are seriously by some chance not a shill, and you don't see that...well, then regretfully, you deserve everything you get from dealing with sharks.

Any counterpoints you'd like to add, or is that gonna shut you up?

#47     Jan 19, 2008
  7. Reaver,

you are a miserable idiot.

You say that their software is "worth shit", that is a pretty strong statement, even if you have the software yourself because in the end that is just your opinion.

Just like the other OP on his bad experience with Optionetics...the fact that he has had a bad experience does not mean that every other costumer has a bad experience.

I dare you to find a company with only happy costumers.

I have had an experience with Optionetics seminar, I was not impressed and I would not reccomend it. I have had a free trial of the software, but at that time I just never used it. I cancelled my trial and that was the end of it.

My priority is not drum biz for anyone, I am just a guy with an interest in options and I am not sure if I am going to buy OV or Platinum. That is why I am here.

My username is just as good as yours.

You said NOTHING relevant about the evaluation of this or any other software, you just write to argue.

I have 20 posts so what is your point ?

I know what you do with your time, having over 1200 posts maybe makes you a prolific writer or internet junkie, but not a better trader.

Now before going ahead and reply with another time wasting post, obviously 1200 posts are not enough, if anything keep this is mind...

If you are looking to argue/fight feel free to write me in private, if you do not do it for me, do it for the rest of the ET members, no one cares about people fighting. This is supposed to be a place to exchange informations and ideas.

So unless you have to say something about options software, maybe the ones you know and like or use you shut up.

Anything else you write not onl is off topics but it is also EXTREMELY IRRELEVANT.

#48     Jan 19, 2008
  8. My point still stands. Not looking to argue, but if you were halfway intelligent you would see my points.

Go back and read some of your posts and ask yourself why I may have deduced you had an agenda...and perhaps still do....

Having 20 posts and touting or "merely asking" about software is bad juju especially when a) the software is expensive as hell b) the company has a questionable past and hard sell method and c) there is an active post in most recent threads talking about how a poster just got ripped off by said company.

Now you tell me how what I said was irrelevant. Go ahead, I'll wait.

#49     Jan 19, 2008
  9. Again,

talking trash about a company "they screw people over or their are sharks" says nothing about options software, which the topic of this thread.

A bad costumer service does not necessarely mean that they have a bad product...did you even tried it ?

If you did and you don't like it then you should explain why, instead of focusing on other posters experience with the company, and assuming that bad costumer services equals to a to a bad product.

If you did try such software I would be very interested in hearing your opinion, because so far you wrote a bunch of posts, but NEVER said anything relevant about options software whatever it is Platinum, TOS or OV.

Do you see my point now ?

Here is my opinion for now...

Platinum is not as expensive as OV, however there are many talking about TOS offering a really nice platform for free

It is web-based, a good thing I would think.

Now someone before was talking about OV as having an edge because one can manage delta with all holdings.

It makes me think that OV is more advanced and maybe more appropiate for the costs and the analysis depth to a real professional trader since both softwares have risk graphs, what ifs and backtesting features.

My main strategy is selling naked puts on stocks that I would not mind to have in my portfolio if assigned, ex I am about to be assigned 2600 shares of NMX since my strike price was $ 100...and it just closed at $ 97, so maybe I do not need to constantely manage my delta.

I would welcome any opinions and thoughts of people who are mostly trading options, but it sounds like it comes down to what fits one best. The software is just a tool so it is only as good as the trader using it.

#50     Jan 19, 2008