OptionVue - run away...

Discussion in 'Options' started by kcgoogler, Apr 29, 2008.

1. all:

i recently tried out optionvue and cant believe what a piece of crap the software is; ugly interfaces, insufficient and useless backtesting data; only a few strikes here and there; most of the data is missing and horrible customer service. Just a bunch of guys ripping off the general public. and they sell it for a bunch too. save your money; open a TOS account and get all that functionality and better for free. ah.. now you can use the 3000$/year in your trading account. heheh..

good luck!

and i bet most of the ratings on the software page here are either by the sales people there or by people using the software from way back in the golden ages; now we consumers have better options.

2. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

3. ace210

ace210

4. Why the hell do so many people find backtesting useless? Don't you want to CYA?

5. Shoulda seen OV as a DOS product...sheesh.

6. You also must own their software to be able to use their option scanning services. Not a good deal at all.

7. Not nice people either!!!!

8. DanFan78: no; i never said backtesting is useless; far from that.. i tried the software specifically because i want to backtest. but the data and the software they have is useless for that purpose.

codyhopkins: nice people.. i will tell ya a story; after i posted my first message i got a phone call from my Optionvue rep; asking me why exactly i think their software was "crap". He started by asking me how i can help them improve their software; after a couple of minutes of chat and me trying to show him exactly why their software was crap, he started to show his true colors.. and i will suffice by saying that i could'nt help but go tangent (which i honestly do regret).

iloveoptions: i like your nickname; maybe i should change mine to "i-am-obsessed-with-options" :)

good luck everyone!

9. Where did you post a message from which they could phone you on?

#10     Apr 30, 2008