OptionsXpress f*cking me for over 50K

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by 1011101, Jan 4, 2008.

1. First, that really sucks, sorry to hear about this.

Second, after you contact your lawyer, get your funds out ASAP.

In today's technology and amount of brokers out there, this should never be a problem. It's unfortunate for the OP.

#11     Jan 4, 2008
  2. Contact Ned Bennett to escalate your issue. That is the only way to have any chance on your issue.

#12     Jan 4, 2008
  3. Shagi

Shagi

RJO tout themselves as the best clearing house. I know they clear Tradestation futures trades where a many trades run on automation. They seem decent.

Getting confirmation is not as important as ensuring that trade has been cancelled, in fast markets you can hit cancel button but still be filled if a bit late. I have many brokers and you wont fins any who is 100% on the money.Let us know what happens mate.

#13     Jan 4, 2008
  4. 1011101

I don't normally receive cancel notifications from the broker. So I don't have any proof of that.

I have my daily statement from yesterday and it does not include the trade. Ox claims to have only received the trade from RJO'brien today, so it would not be on yesterdays statement from Ox. They are claiming the trade executed yesterday, but it was just late reporting from RJO.

I am looking at the order on ox webpage right now, it just says fill. I doubt they will give me any more information about the order such as an audit trail as it would prove my case.

#14     Jan 4, 2008
  5. dsq

dsq

give em hell,if they give you attitude start screaming 'attorney'...good luck,they suck

#15     Jan 4, 2008
  6. One

One

Unless the trade was reported late by the exchange, seems that the clearing firm should eat the trade.

#16     Jan 4, 2008
  7. jim c

jim c

that sucks! everyone keeps saying get a lawyer, well im not for sure but u probably signed an arbitration agreement with them. good luck. jim

#17     Jan 4, 2008
  8. Surdo

Surdo

Look around this website!
    You may need to register, there may be more info on here than your daily statements.

You need to find the audit trail of the cancellation.

https://www.rjobrien.com/corp/Login.php

As much as I can not stand TS's cust. service, I have NEVER had a clearing/reporting issue with RJO in 5 years.

#18     Jan 4, 2008
  9. 1011101

Hey guys, thanks for all the input.

This is probably going to end up in arb. I will keep you all updated.

I don't receive cancel confirmation emails, However, I do have a printout of the order status page showing the order as cancelled. And the trade does not show up on my end of day statement from yesterday, so I should have a good case.

surdo, i can't seem to login or register there.

#19     Jan 4, 2008
  10. 1011101

Ok, next question: how do I start arbitration? Does anyone know any lawyers who are experienced in this?

#20     Jan 4, 2008