OptionsXpress alternatives?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by specula, Jan 30, 2008.

1. rickf

rickf

Don't know, I've never traded futures options. Sorry!

#11     Feb 1, 2008
  2. G Cap

G Cap

I have an account at Advantage Futures. They're great and have a 24 hr execution desk as well as support. They helped me set max order entry and size limits for each product I trade and are way cheaper than any discount broker you'll trade through. I pay CQG $25/mo plus .15 a side for order entry. They have a website, although not very exciting. Look into them if looking for new place to set up shop or just want to lower expenses. Being futures are taxed differently than equities and options, I like having my trading accounts separate anyway. Not too mention Interactive Brokers only allows you to place closing orders over phone and charge massive commission. May be ok with equities all I'll ride out most storms if need be, but not futures.

#12     Feb 1, 2008
  3. http://www.advantagefutures.com/

#13     Feb 1, 2008
  4. rickf

rickf

One of the nice things about the OXPS environment was the clean interface of its charts. Having done some due diligence this week, I'm quite impressed with the software offered by the futures broker Open-ECry. Simple, clean, fast, and has some nifty little features that made it a pleasure to paper-trade today.

For that main reason, Open E-Cry has moved up my list of possible alternatives to OXPS, along with TradeStation and Velocity......though I wonder about the lack of usable info on Velocity's website compared to OEC and TS. *shrug*

#14     Feb 5, 2008