Optionshouse-Unable to place orders for system maintenance

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by FCXoptions, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Is anybody having issues placing orders with Optionhouse? I tried placing an order and got a message saying "Unable to place this trade at this time due to system maintenance"

2. Well it seems to be fixed now, nevermind.

3. lol that sounds suspiciously like BS. System maintenance on a weekday morning?

4. That is what I was thinking! Of all times for "system maintenance" I wouldn't think they would pick a weekday morning. Of course I was waiting for a specific level to hit to enter a position and when it hit I went to place my order but wasn't able to. Missed that trade.

5. not really re to OH but i remember (i'm sure a lot of you guys do too) when TOS was upgrading their software a while ago and traders had probs entering orders/freezing platform/etc. you can goog it but one hedge fund actually sued them (good luck haha as marko from taken would say) saying that b/c their software was down they lost millions.

6. I tried logging in after close today for past 10 minutes from 1:05pm PST without any luck.
    Maybe today's above average volatility and volume in stocks/options causing issues?