OptionsANIMAL - are they any good

Discussion in 'Options' started by rocky_raccoon, Oct 17, 2013.

1. traderjo

traderjo

Where is the proof that this company or person runs a fund? where is it regulated ( and independently audited, why is that information not UPFRONT? why one has to ask? until this is clear it is a another "education seller" snake oil

#31     Jan 7, 2018
    tuzi1605 likes this.
  2. sle

sle

Well, it's obvious the AUM are not very big and the returns can't be very good if he is running an "option education business".

#32     Jan 7, 2018
  3. rob c

rob c

so be it. i'm adding what i know, not looking to argue.

#33     Jan 7, 2018
  4. sle

sle

Okay, so I was curious about this, went to their website and this is what I see:
    That's hilarious. I've been an options market maker and now a volarb PM since 1996. I still don't know "everything there is to know about options".

#34     Jan 7, 2018
  5. traderjo

traderjo

Rob since you say that "...he does have a fund with investors" all I did was to seek some proof of that fund, obviously you believe he manages a fund but not bothered about proof! LOL

#35     Jan 7, 2018
  6. spindr0

spindr0

Yes, you cannot learn trading from a book. Having a chat session and going over "positions, trade set-ups, adjustments and such. going over option chains and discussing them" will not teach you trading either. Both give you a good understanding of the fundamentals.

Nothing, and I repeat nothing, can simulate real money at risk and having to decide on the fly how to adjust a adjust/salvage/cut loose a position in a fast market. Learning how not to be the proverbial deer in the headlights can only be honed by being in the crosshairs.

As I stated in an earlier reply in this chain, their free 1 hour "Learn to Trade XYZ" webinars are long on sales pitch and short on full disclosure of content. They glossed over positional risk and only spoke about the win-win aspect of their tradeds. The presentation was better than a used car salesman trying to sell a clunker but not by a heck of a lot.

If you have $6,500 to burn, go for it. But as @sle said, there are some really sharp people on ET (not referring to myself) who can connect the dots for about any question posed. A coupla books and the knowledge base available here will get you rolling nicely and with the remaining $6,000+, you'll gain a lot of trading experience.

#36     Jan 8, 2018
  7. rob c

rob c

I agree with all you say. I made the investment in the education and it was well worth the foundation and options knowledge I gained. I've also read a dozen books or so. That's me. I pointed out the weaknesses and shortcomings. I invested over $200K in my kids educations and wonder if they got anything out of it thats useful in real life. All the best.

#37     Jan 8, 2018
  8. If they're so good at repairing trades, which is nothing more than taking on a new position, why aren't they good at the initial trades in the first place?

#38     Jan 8, 2018
  9. traderjo

traderjo

Yes Rob each to themselves ,, the only reason I asked the questions to you was on a open forum you claimed that this guy runs a fund! but you yourself have no idea if it is true or not!...
    Your second point about expenditure on education and comparison to traditional education ( a proper degree in a UNi) this argument is always used by these education sellers a $3-6000 1-2 week 3 month course can't be compared to age old time tested Uni education.. C'mon Yes it is s true when one does spend thousands and years on a Engineering or Medical degree there is no guarantee that that student will succeed in life in those fields.. but we are talking about proper education not this tin pot "How to trade xyz get rich quick schemes" LOL
    Once again all these Trading education sellers if they are so good they should have enough audited proof upfront about own trading and any public money management.
    about licencing, when you build a house or a bridge I am sure everyone of us will insist on the design engineer being certified so why not a financial advisory? in USA these guys are lucky that the Trading education business is not regulated all you have to do is slap a disclaimer and start a business, suckers will get sucked in thinking they will make millions easily

#39     Jan 8, 2018
  10. traderjo

traderjo

"so be it" for you that is fine it is your money.. but please realize when you claim in support of this company that they run a fund you better have proof. otherwise don't make such a claim,

#40     Jan 8, 2018