options trading prop shop

Discussion in 'Options' started by heiasafari, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Hi guys,

I am asking for your input on this matter because I have already done some contacting and researching and I still have not found what I am looking for...

Basically I am looking for a prop firm - of respectable reputation - that catters to us option traders. What I am looking for is a prop firm with little leverage (in the line of 4-5 times) that I can trade remotely (sometimes from Canada, sometimes from Brazil) and that will not "force" me to trade their style. That is why I do not want too much leverage, I realize that if they front me 20X, then I have to do pretty much what they tell me to do. Although I am nowhere near knowing everything there is to know about options, training is of secondary importance. No daytrading crap, I am a position trader not a scalper and I will most definitely keep positions for a few days minimum. On average I would say I trade 3000 contracts per month.

As far as payout ratio and commissions, at this point I would be willing to see many different scenarios that are out there considering the absolute crap I have received from the prop firms I contacted. I am willing to deposit initially anything from 50K to 250K depending if I completely replace my option trading account at my current retail broker.

Any ideas/suggestions/thoughts?
    Thanks in advance