Options trading for a living

Discussion in 'Options' started by TSLexi, Oct 4, 2013.

1. TSLexi

TSLexi

So, what would you recommend?

The 120 put is trading at $2.42, and the 115 put is asking $0.66.

So the max profit for a 120/115 bull put spread is $176/ contract, while the max risk is $500/contract. That gives a yield of 54.3%, and the breakeven point is $118.24.

Would this trade have positive expectation, as the yield is a little more than 8x higher?

#81     Oct 5, 2013
  2. AAPL 470/480 call spread. All durations are >1. Virtually any spread slightly ITM. There are literally millions of spreads on listed share options that satisfy that criteria. I am not comfortable being the patsy. Eat like a mouse and shit like a dinosaur.

I like tautologies so I'll leave assuming that absent knowledge you're going to "do what you're going to do"

#82     Oct 5, 2013
  3. In other words you are willing to risk $500 just to earn the price of 2 packs of cigarettes.

#83     Oct 5, 2013
  4. TSLexi

TSLexi

I wonder...is there any spread screener that can look for bull put spreads where the net credit exceeds the difference in strikes? Then it'll make a riskless profit.

I am a newbie at options trading. I've been a buy and hold for income gal for years.

#84     Oct 5, 2013
  5. TSLexi

TSLexi

Where on earth do you live where ciggies cost $14.50/pack?!

And yeah, Squillie informed me that trade was stupid. The new one has a much lower risk/reward.

#85     Oct 5, 2013
  6. #86     Oct 5, 2013
  7. TSLexi

TSLexi

Should I look at the vol smile, and write the puts that have the highest IV, and short the shares to hedge?

#87     Oct 6, 2013
  8. Oops, my bad, I mint to say that OTM credit spreads have a R/R<1. Anyway, I will continue trade the way that I've learned due to the fact that it is working for me. I'm not knocking your method or saying that my way is the only way. That's all.

#88     Oct 6, 2013
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Can you show some credit spreads where the risk reward is less than 1.

#89     Oct 6, 2013
  10. Ya, I stated that about three pages ago.

#90     Oct 6, 2013