Options trading approval at Ameritrade

Discussion in 'Options' started by Audi_R8, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Thanks. I hope the numbers are okay as you stated. Yes, this was TD Ameritrade that told me to supply a statement of records from my previous brokers. It was one of the representatives

#31     May 23, 2018
  2. "Yes, this was TD Ameritrade that told me to supply a statement of records from my previous brokers. It was one of the representatives"

• Your application must have raised some red flags.
    • Normally you just fill in the info and nothing has to be verified (for option trading - I don't know about futures).
    • Try Interactive Brokers or re-apply at TD.

#32     May 23, 2018
  3. Well I called them and then she mentioned that I might have to supply a statement that could help great privileges. I don't think it's completely required. But they didn't call me after I applied to ask additional questions or anything like that. The rep over the phone don't review the applications, right?

#33     May 23, 2018
  4. I've been getting the usual Level 2 options buying approval runaround from TD Ameritrade. The thing is I can't afford to wait 90 days to reapply. I got approved without problem at tastyworks, where option buying is standard, and it's obviously a cool place to be.

#34     Nov 20, 2018
  5. prc117f

prc117f

I am glad they are doing that quiz thing for Approval. Thats a good idea. My brokers (TD and Etrade) never had a quiz back when I opened the accounts

#35     Nov 21, 2018
  6. prc117f

prc117f

You misspelled Professional and thats where they caught you, Anyhow you should have put speculation.
    Anyhow this is what I put on my account.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    #36     Nov 21, 2018