Options trading approval at Ameritrade

Discussion in 'Options' started by Audi_R8, Aug 3, 2011.

1. LMAO! This thread is hilarious.

Change brokers. MBTrading way better than Ameritrade. Don't even waste your time with them.

#11     Aug 4, 2011
  2. avihrvz

avihrvz

Hi ,

I got deny from TD ameritrade for getting tier two -option trade , I wrote 9 years experience, big net amount and large income ,and traing purpuse : income.

But deny! Now i stuck with 90 days waiting before allow me to request agin.

I really like there platform but i can not even do iron condors , if u have any idea what i can do to change ther mind please share with me

Thanks!!!

#12     Jun 4, 2012
  3. Click on at "New Messages"

Goto TRASH folder

Look for messages titled "verify your account information"

You should see this link "review your profile":

https://wwws.ameritrade.com/cgi-bin/apps/u/AccountSuitabilityPDF

Click the link - print the bottom page - fill it out. Fax or mail as per instructions.

(Be sure to check the aggressive growth box.)

You might be able to call them and have them do it for you - tell them you want to update your customer profile - but I can't say for sure if that will work.

iirc some options levels are not allowed unless you have 25k in account (enough for margin account), but I'm very foggy on that ... could be totally wrong.

ps Options/Margin form:

https://www.tdameritrade.com/forms/TDA2334.pdf

#13     Jun 5, 2012
  4. Did anyone actually read the original post? There's a <i>reason</i> TD doesn't want him d!cking around with options: "I have a small account..."

#14     Jun 5, 2012
  5. avihrvz

avihrvz

Thank for the replay ,
    the problem is that i do not know what to change in the application form in order to get approved , last time i marked:

1. Annual Income: 25,000-49,999$ .
    2. Approximate Net Worth: 250,000-4999,999$ .
    3. Approximate Liquid Net Worth: 100,000-249,999$.
    4. Funds Available for options trading : 20,000-49,999$ .
    5.Years of Investmenet Experience: 10+.
    6. Investmenet Knowledge: Proffesional Trader.
    7. Average Transaction size: under 1000$ - may be this is the problem?
    8. Number of transaction per year: 50+.
    9. Type of transactions(options,Bonds,Stocks): options.
    10. Objective(Growth,Speculation,Income,ConservationOfCapital):Income - may be this also the problem?

and for all of that i got deny , I have no idea what to change may be u do????

#15     Jun 5, 2012
  6. Like so many on ET, you haven't thought to put himself in <i>the other guy's shoes</i>. Suppose you were TD -- or any brokerage. Their thought process is, OK, if this small account blows himself out trading options, what if any grounds would he have to arbitrate or sue? What "red flags" will he or his attorney claim we overlooked?... Keep that perspective in mind, and all will become clear to you. The key is to think outside your own narrow perspective -- <i>instead of ranting about your broker, think as if you were your broker.</i>

#16     Jun 5, 2012
  7. avihrvz

avihrvz

Look,

thank u ,But i always put myself in the other one shoes, and i thaught about it alot , otherwise i wouldnt bother to write all this details , if u cant help me i understand, but please let me at least hear others opinion, like Whistlingleaf.

#17     Jun 5, 2012
  8. Just check the aggressive growth box and leave the others blank.

Rodney King is just trolling ......... some OLB's require as little as 2k to have a margin account.

Oh and you do have a margin account, right ?

#18     Jun 6, 2012
  9. I think #10 is your problem.

Most regular folks would probably write covered calls for "income" using options and you only need level one.

Change #10 to Speculation. That way if you blow out the account on a lotto type option (buying a way out of the money call like the FB August 35 call) then the broker is covered.

#19     Jun 6, 2012
  10. You have to say that you have experience of at least 2 years or they will not approve it. Beleive me I had to do this.

#20     Jun 6, 2012