Options Traders' Ranks Swell as Amateur Investors Embrace `Iron Condors'

Discussion in 'Options' started by uptickk, Jul 15, 2010.

1. rew

rew

Yes, I'm sure about that. Sure, I can lose a lot of money if the stock goes down. But I lose that money if I didn't sell the covered calls and the issue here is whether options are inherently sucker bets, not whether stocks are.

#11     Jul 16, 2010
  2. If buying an Iron Condor is a sucker bet, sell one instead. Both sides of a trade can not simultaneously be bad.

#12     Jul 16, 2010
  3. The piker is not as stupid as it appears from some of the posts:cool:

#13     Jul 16, 2010
  4. Problem is Iron Condors are hawked by so many newsletters written by option idiots who think they have the holy grail to monthyl income and can sell it repeatedly in a newsletter. Of course Iron Condors is just one of like 30 or more strategies sothe author is just looking at one strategy to declare options a sucker's bet.

I always find that people who write articles like that make more money writing articles than actually trading... and for good reason.

#14     Jul 16, 2010
  5. How about those who write it repeatedly, and claim/believe they have an edge because they manage it?

#15     Jul 16, 2010
  6. No one is going to sell their money making secret for 29.95 plus shipping and handling.

#16     Jul 16, 2010
  7. LeeD

LeeD

Very few people of those who are actualy trading write articles or give television interviews. Even those who do, usually produce these articles or interviews only after they have already taken the view they are promoting trading-wise at a better level.

#17     Jul 16, 2010
  8. DGunz

DGunz

Hmmm... Charge a subscription fee and offer managed accounts and or newletter. 10% gains monthly with Iron Condor!!!

:D

#18     Jul 21, 2010