Options Trade Not Filled Question

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by LaxFan, Mar 31, 2020.

1. LaxFan

LaxFan

Yesterday I tried to close a short put on USO. I entered a buy to close for 10 contracts at the asking price. The order would not fill. I tried several times. There were definitely more than 10 orders in the order book. Any idea why it would not fill?

2. qwerty11

qwerty11

price cap from your broker?

3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Some brokers do not allow you to take liquidity. Maybe your option data was down. Did you call your broker yesterday?

4. LaxFan

LaxFan

It was through Fidelity. The bid was .21 and ask was .22. I didn’t call them, but I did refresh the chain numerous times and saw the data was working. I entered and replaced the order several times. What do you mean take liquidity?

5. smallfil

smallfil

If your price is the same as the market maker, you will be at the back of the line so to speak. Since, the market maker probably, has hundreds of options contracts lined up, you have no chance to get out at that price. Your best bet is to raise your price even higher if you really wanted to get out. That is the only way you could cut in front of the line. Or take your chance and wait the next day, the option prices could be more favorable to you that day.

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

The offer at $0.22 is offering liquidity to the market, and you, if you buy the offer, are taking. I doubt that is the issue, you need to call your broker.

7. LaxFan

LaxFan

Thanks for the info.

8. huh? how is that ?

9. Is that a thing? Which ones? :confused:

10. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

Probably the most expensive penny you’ve ever spent

#10     Mar 31, 2020