Options Trade Alert Service

Discussion in 'Options' started by prosario, May 14, 2017.

1. prosario

prosario

Does anyone have any good recommendations for an options trade alert service with real options trading professionals with consistent track record and good reputation. I've seen many offering this or that, and exaggerating their trading results, and in reality they are "only" making money from memberships not trading, while customers consistently lose money. If you have used or know of a service that resulted in consistent or overall profits, I would greatly appreciate your input. Thank you kindly.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

If you are not going to make trading decisions on your own, have you considered using a CTA or RIA and just make an allaoction?

3. sle

sle

Seriously? They guy tells you to sell vol for 120 bucks a month is a good deal?

4. I do not understand your issue with this service. The trade performance is documented and published. If you expect performance other that what is documented (occurred), then you should not trade it. However, if this stated performance is within your acceptable criteria, it may warrant consideration. -- I've been using this service for a bit over a year with no regrets. Commit the amount of capital to the trade that is appropriate for you. (size multiplication by integer values requires no additional effort) -- The service is meant as an "educational service" to understand the trade and allow you to do it yourself. They do NOT assume you trade exactly like the alerts, however, I have been merely trading the alerts.

5. sle

sle

If the guy was doing something smarter - single stock directional, earnings, maybe term structure across various ETFs etc, I'd not have a problem with it. With S&P vol, I just don't understand the value-added. You can sell S&P vol on your own if you have a high school degree, I'll teach you :) By doing so you save 120/month (which, on a 100k portfolio adds up to 144bp annual scrape even before you paid a penny in commissions).

6. If you have an idea of trade setups that you favor, I can help you backtest it against 1-2 options strategies appropriate for a specific volatility environment and most important, appropriate for YOUR own risk profile and financial objectives. Once you find a backtest that suits you, I can then set it for intra-day scans delivered to your smartphone or email during market hours.

7. Think about what you're asking for, for a moment...if someone did in fact have a so-called skill or Holy Grail in trading...do you think or expect them to give it away for a small monthly fee o_O :confused: to everyone out there,

So to answer your question about a guaranteed ATM money machine...no, it doesn't exists.
    But it doesn't really need to exists...you only need a likely ATM money machine...to handsomely be rewarded in the market.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    ironchef and mushinseeker like this.
  8. prosario

prosario

Thanks Robert, I would prefer to continue to learn and be more active, rather than be completely passive and never learn. I'm hoping to earn as I learn and looking for a proven company with a good track record and performance. Thank you.

Robert Morse likes this.
  9. prosario

prosario

Thanks a lot. I'll check out the website. Again thank you for the recommendation.

#10     May 15, 2017