Options Symbol Info

Discussion in 'Options' started by Slave2Market, Mar 18, 2008.

1. I use Interactive Brokers to trade options. Does anyone know where I can find detailed info on the various options contracts types?

For example: I would like contract info on the March 2008 IWM 60 Put i.e. the DIW versus IQX Class options. The IQX is priced significantly higher than the DIW and want to make sure that I understand why. I assume it's American versus European exercise, but would like to confirm.

I've scoured the CBOE web-site and couldn't find any info and surprisingly IB Help didn't know.

Thanks for any help.

Slave2Market

2. MTE

MTE

Actually, no, it's not American vs European. All options on ETFs are American. The difference is that DIW is the normal Mar contract that expires this week, the IQX is the quarterly contract that expires at the end of the month.

3. MTE

MTE

In Thinkorswim all you have to do is bring up the option chains and you can see straight away what that option represents - i.e. is it a standard one or adjusted for splits/mergers, weekly, quarterly and etc.

4. teun

teun

Do you have also full access to historical option data when using ToS?

5. MTE

MTE

With the new backtesting feature I think yes, but I haven't taken a detailed look at it yet. You can also chart option prices.