Options Swing Trader - The journey begins

Discussion in 'Journals' started by BoilerGRAD, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Looking to catalogue my trades and improve my strategies. Please feel free to smack me upside the head should I make an egregious error.

My high level goal is to effectively trade options in a one to three day time period looking for quick wins of 20% but also watching for the opportunity to take part in larger moves.

Again all comments are welcome, there is a lot of knowledge in this community and any help is greatly appreciated.

2. philerup

philerup

great, looking forward to your posts as i'm also an options swing trader. good luck.

3. ZeightS

ZeightS

I am also just started my options journey, Today was my first trade -I bought 20$ april puts on BKS @ 0.05

4. i am aboard..been doing options lately also..

5. camel75

camel75

Good luck! hope you iluminates us with your trades and wisdom..will follow you

6. Well this is a little a late... but here are my plays for today. Nothing worked out unfortunately. I hope to get my plays for tomorrow up tonight yet.

The reoccurring theme of the last several days has been ...pennies are costing me dollars...

Any thoughts on this? I am trying to play the bounce off of trend lines, how far should I put my entry from the TL? Is there a way to do this based off of price action?

See the attached files

7. The Ford play

8. Something looks odly familiar about this setup ;)

9. I know... Great minds... hmmm

10. philerup

philerup

seems you are more into daytrading rather than swing trading. I find for me, holding a few days gives a much higher return (although you have to factor in the stress dealing with seeing your P/L go into the red). With mean reversion for strong stocks and uptrending markets, I usually do better with that.

#10     Apr 9, 2009