Options Stats

Discussion in 'Options' started by ajacobson, Apr 21, 2024.

1. ajacobson

ajacobson

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    QuantSpeak and Data ScienceQuantSpeak and Data ScienceHenry Schwartz • 1stHenry Schwartz • 1st
    1w •

• 1w •

58.6M option contracts traded Friday in US markets, marking the 3rd busiest day of the year and 12th busiest day ever. Notably, Cboe Global Markets VIX option volume hit a 6 year high of 2.61M contracts as volatility spiked to the highest level since November. Volume and change data for VIX sourced from datashop.cboe.com shows the clear relationship between upside moves in VIX and higher option volume. A similar plot for ETF and single stock options shows higher volume on the larger moves regardless of direction. Much to cover at the Options Industry Conference later this month where a dynamic group of market partcipiants and representatives of Cboe Global Markets, Nasdaq, ICE, Miami International Holdings, BOX Exchange LLC, MEMX and OCC will catch up and compare notes #options #retailparticipation #volatility

2. taowave

taowave

Is that Henry Schwartz from Salomon Bros?? Looks like a a Henry I traded with when we (Sandy Weil) bought them

3. ajacobson

ajacobson

That is him.

4. taowave

taowave

WOW,blast from the past

5. ajacobson

ajacobson

388/390 - The craziest elevator system I ever saw.

6. taowave

taowave

Lol...Im completely blanking on the elevators..Pretty sure I was in 388. Loved working down there

7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I think he was in a Market Wizards book.

I remember, he said something like "we won't have an error account" for trades that the desk made by accident.