Options Software

Discussion in 'Options' started by maninjapan, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Hoadley has a ton of examples featuring all the functions it offers. For creating your own template, its not hard at all, you just have to understand how to use excel arguements (i.e. =HoadleyOptions1(arg1,arg2,arg3), and it tells exactly how to use them. You don't have to be a programmer to use it. Best of luck.

#11     Nov 10, 2008
  2. Guys thanks, for all the info. Ive just been looking at Hoadley's. It looks pretty comprehensive.. Are there any components/tools/calculations that one may consider missing from Hoadley's spreadsheet? Any software that someone feels is 'better' than Hoadley's for any specific reason.

#12     Nov 11, 2008
  3. TOS thinkDesktop is free with delayed quotes. Just go and try it. I did options with them with a short period of time (now in forex), and it offers a lot with some very good charts to go along with it. Give it a shot and watch the tutorials on options on their site.

When you open an account the quotes go live. I don't believe there are any fees or trading minimums, so you can just open an account but continue to play paper with no fees.

Best of luck.

#13     Nov 11, 2008
  4. Yeah TOS is definately an option. From what I have heard that for most options traders it is more than capable and being free makes it even better

#14     Nov 11, 2008
  5. Nanook

Nanook

6. nkhoi

nkhoi

7. Nanook, thanks for that list. Are there any optionvue users with comments on the software? I know there are the software comments, but having a comparison makes it much easier.

#17     Nov 12, 2008
  8. Definately a must look for newcomers to options. And their courses are now free if you agree to let them pass out your email ad to sponsors..

#18     Nov 12, 2008
  9. Any Hoadleys /OptionVue users out there? I am considering both of these at the moment. Its going to boil down to what can I do on OptionVue that I cant do on Hoadleys??

#19     Nov 13, 2008
  10. MTE

MTE

The major difference is backtesting. You cannot backtest with Hoadley, but you can with optionvue.

I think it should boil down to what you need!

#20     Nov 13, 2008