options software

Discussion in 'Options' started by sumosam, Mar 11, 2008.

1. sumosam

sumosam

I don't know if this is the right place to post this question....what software are people using to trade options. I have been using Platinum from Optionetics, and know people who use Optionvue and OptionGear.

I understand that the TOS platform is comprehensive. Appreciate your input.:D

2. ssss

ssss

you can open account by oxps with 0$ ,use level 2 quote for options ,paper trade simulator
    OXPS have alsov direct routing -setting on request .

3. While ToS and OptionVue are good, it really depends upon what you need to trade. Are you looking for something really comprehensive, or are you just starting out? That will make a difference.

4. MTE

MTE

TOS is hard to beat, but as others suggested, it depends on what you're looking for.

Hoadley's excel tools are good as well.

5. sumosam

sumosam

Thank you for your responses. I don't do that much option trading right now, am interested in eventually trading options on futures.

I have this fancy software from Optionetics...called Platinum Pro. I've taken a class on it, and still don't understand it....I am not alone. Have 2 other friends who have done the same as me. Just wanted to see what you guys regularly use. Thx, again.:D :D

6. AJJ

AJJ

Hi,

If you posses more than the basic knowledge on the working of options, then take a look at the straddleplanner.
    It is a online option risk manager where you can manage multiple portfolios and strategies of stock and options combined.
    straddleplanner has almost all the functionality as a professional risk manager.

I build the site myself (with two friends) based on my experience as a stock option market maker. During this period I have worked with various trading/management tools, off which some were pretty fancy, but all tools where not particular user friendly.

The idea behind the straddleplanner is to create a option position manager which is open and can be used by anyone who knows how options work, without reading thick manuals.

The site is still in a Beta phase, so please let me know if you have any comments or have ideas.

Presently we are still busy to ad additional functionalities so straddleplanner is evolving.

Hope that straddleplanner could be useful to you.

Regards, AJJ