Options Software <HELP> !

Discussion in 'Options' started by ZBEAR, Nov 30, 2002.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

2. Mispe

Mispe

#12     Dec 11, 2002
  3. OPRATS seems interesting. Will check out the stuff. Thanks for the heads up. I agree that there is such a dearth of options software out there. So much so that option traders are forced to chose between optionvue vs. custom made costing many times over. Maybe that is why they can get away with it.

Try alternatives such as Essexoption pro, ivolatility.com, optioninsight and option club. A couple of these apps tied together will give you most of what o-vue can get you costing much less. Good luck

#13     Dec 11, 2002
  4. Mispe

Mispe

Essexoption pro is very expensive and there is no way to evaluate the programs. before the purchase

#14     Dec 11, 2002
  5. They have a demo disk. I agree with you that you can't get a real time version though. Plus they have'nt been developing improvements on it. If I had to spend 800-1200 I would choose option vue no question I'd just be gritting my teeth coz I have to keep cutting them checks monthly to get the other ala carte services. That is why if you can get option RT from Bayoptions somehow-ebay, other sources- get it coz it is the best for retail to semi-pro. Good luck

#15     Dec 11, 2002
  6. NKNY

NKNY

How would option RT work if they are out of business. where would it get its RT quotes.

Thanks ...

Nick

#16     Dec 12, 2002
  7. Assuming you can get it from user groups ebay,etc. It has an interface with esignal and quote.com Good luck that will be hard to get

#17     Dec 13, 2002
  8. Mir

Mir

I do have OptionPro from Essex and like it, but my suggestion is to go to Optionetics and see what they have to offer. Their seminars are excellent, but a little pricey. Their Platinum webbased software is as good as they come and you only pay by month, which means no capital to buy something you are not sure you want to keep.

#18     Dec 13, 2002
  9. NKNY

NKNY

Thanks gatrader, That would perfect for me as I use qcharts for quotes....

Nick

#19     Dec 13, 2002
  10. tjrz

tjrz

too slow perhaps??

and yes, if your referring to their arbing package, that would be an issue.

#20     Dec 13, 2002