Options software for investment club? also broker?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by DannoXYZ, Mar 5, 2009.

1. DannoXYZ

DannoXYZ

My investment club is getting more sophisticated and getting into doing options strategies. We're looking for software that'll manage the allocations for each member as well as track trades. Anyone know of an options package that's usable for clubs (less than 10 people).

Also is there a brokerage firm that any one recommends. Primarily just stocks and stock options, although futures & their options may be a future possibility.

Thanks

2. Hey DannoXYZ,

Your club could subscribe to eSignal Plus, which has real-time, streaming North American equity options prices, an options window that calculates greeks in real-time, and OptionsPlus, an advanced equity options analytical application that scans available options for over 40 potential position types (ie, covered call, straddles, spreads, etc.), run "what-if"/sensitivity analysis, 2D/3D charts of option chains, each strike's volatility, other greeks, positions, etc. (see article).

Lastly, we're going to begin beta testing a version of our end-of-day product, eSignal OnDemand with options, which will include delayed, snap-shot option prices and OptionsPlus.
    We haven't scheduled the start date for that, but if your club is interested in participating, send me a PM.

Thanks,

Brent Threadgill
    eSignal Product Development

3. DannoXYZ

DannoXYZ

Thanks Brent, I was looking for something along the lines of an accounting package really. Once we get that set up, I'm sure we'll be looking for data-feeds and charting software as well and will check out what you've got. :)