Options quoting yesterday

Discussion in 'Options' started by hollydotterer, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Hi,

I'm a writer for OptionMonster.com, and was wondering if any retail options traders out there had problems yesterday with quoting due to the sheer surge in volumes that was experienced when the markets plummeted. I'm hearing that some traders were frustrated because their data feeds were slowed down by the volumes and they didn't have access to accurate pricing. If anyone experienced anything similar, I'd be very interested to hear about your trading day Tuesday. I'm writing a small piece about it.

Options industry volumes soared to a record high of 18,281,667 contracts yesterday...

Holly

2. MTE

MTE

I had no problem whatsoever, the platform was rock solid, I actually got a better fill on one of my trades.

3. Hi MTE,

Thanks for your response. Glad to hear you had no problems with delays on Tuesday, and even made out well on some trades. It appears that while some people had lots of problems, others were completely unscathed. Do you think this has to do with the type of technology the individual investors have set up to get their quotes, or does it have to do w/ the brokerages they go through?

Holly