Options prop firm, EU/remote

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jumpingfella, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Hello,
    I'm looking for leverage to day trade US equity options. I've seen references to Maverick, TopStep. What I'd like to see is minimal fees, 0 education, up to 20x leverage.
    Would appreciate advice.
    Thx.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Wh
    When you say 20x leverage for equity options, I'm not sure that that looks like. Are you looking for 1/20 of Reg-t margin or the ability to buy options with 20x the premium of your deposit?

Does anyone do that for options?

Also, when you request minimal fees, option exchanges charge broker dealers MUCH higher execution costs.

3. Ok, let's clarify. For example, 5-10K USD deposit. At IB (or any other options broker), with cash account, I immediately face PDT rule, which is a major bottleneck.

Portfolio margin account (and freedom from PDT) requires 25K+, as far as I know.

What I'd like to see is 20x5K = 100K margin account, even if it has strict rules about downside/forced liquidation.

This can provide a lot of opportunity for intraday scalping using 500-1K per trade.

Also, selling uncovered calls and puts (or spreads) using that margin.

I don't know if anybody does that, that's why I'm asking.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Got it. BTW, no US BD can offer a PM account under $100,000 USD. Our minimum is higher.

5. JackRab

JackRab

Ha... I doubt any broker will give you that much leverage to trade uncovered options, which are leveraged products already... let alone illiquide so when the shit hits the fan difficult to liquidate....

6. your company offers prop trading? what are the requirments?

7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

We offer customer accounts, not prop. BTW, customer option accounts in the US pay much lower option exchange fees than broker dealer prop firms and get customer priority on the book. Unless you are joining a BD that has a market maker operation and will provide their technology and a lot of capital, there is little advantage to joining a prop for for options.

8. you shouldn't really be trading with a $10k account everything is stacked against you. I would get a job and/or start a business and save up money. $100k is a sensible minimum, $250k preferable. At least then if you take small 0.5% risks you have a chance of making it.

9. interesting, Im just looking for a way to be able to eventually manage money, be it a hedge fund or managed accounts.. kind of lost on whats the right path... any suggestions?

10. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Why don't you email me to set up a time to chat tomorrow. I don't have enough information to provide a path.

#10     Jun 26, 2017