Options PnL

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by Hunnusunnu, Jun 28, 2018.

1. I want to believe that the truth is close within my reach hopefully on this forum. This is my vision. This is the vision of everyone on this forum with a PHD. Poor hungry and driven.

Now let's talk strategy. Let's get back to explaining defending strategy.

#21     Aug 8, 2018
  2. drcha

drcha

Sorry to take so long to reply. The last couple of years have been a good time to do this. Other years will suck, I'm sure. The trades are not totally neutral in that my target is not where the market is now, but where I think it will be when the options expire. So if I put on a fly, the center strike is slightly above the current price in this bull market. I only use liquid stock indexes. I do not trade if the UL is below its 4-wk MA. This keeps me out at times. For example, I was not trading for most of April, August, and November of 2017. Finally, some of the trades are not neutral, they are bull put spreads, and these I will only trade in a secular bull market. However, the neutral trades have been a bit more profitable. I try to get in on a down day with higher IV. I don't do adjustments, but I will get out of a trade if it makes me over half the premium in a few days.

#22     Aug 22, 2018
    Hunnusunnu and ironchef like this.
  3. ironchef

ironchef

I hope you realize you have been given a gift. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Thank you for sharing.

#23     Aug 26, 2018
    Hunnusunnu likes this.
  4. absolutely i appreciate drcha for sharing. drcha showed that it is possible to profit from options. this is inspirational for many guys like me who are just starting with options. before this discussion i did not know what to expect from options trading. good luck on your trading venture.

#24     Sep 5, 2018
  5. Inspirational. Fantastic. Congratulations on your success .

#25     Sep 8, 2018