Options Paper trading

Discussion in 'Options' started by neilcharlton, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Can anyone recommend a site where I can paper trade options .
    I've been using http://www.optionsxpress.com/ but it has a habit of forgetting my trades and wiping my book .
  2. def

def Interactive Brokers

you might want to take a look at IB's paper trader.
  3. OTR

www.poweropt.com has paper trading in the My Portfolio section. This is a very good site with lots of excellent tools. I use it to evaluate positions and trade with IB.

Good Luck,

Steve Rosenbaum

Option Trading tools the pros wish they had! A former Chicago Mercantile Exchange
    employee reviews stock option trading software, books, and web sites and online income opportunity.
  4. luh3417

If you have an account at IB, they add on a free paper trading account.

Not entirely sure how they simulate the back end, or if that's proprietary. They only released this 5 or 6 weeks ago. You get used to their interface and so far it seems 100% identical to real trading. Minus some of the sweat.

There is some other site, I can't remember the name, you can pay like $30 for 3 months, they use it in classrooms too. I was going to use that, but then the IB paper account came along.
  5. Hi, what exactly do u mean by forgetting your trades and wiping ur book? You do know that when options expire, ur positions will be cleared, right? Or maybe u can talk to their online help rep abt it.