Options on ES futures

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by hoang101483, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Hello all,

I'm wondering which broker is cheapest to trade ES futures options. I like TDA because they have TOS platform. But want to know if they charge exercise and assignment at expiration? or who offer the best in term of margin and/or commission?

also does the ES weekly options expire and settle in cash or will there be actual assignment into ES futures contracts? I assume not, but I'm unsure.

any feedbacks are appreciated.

2. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

All FCMs charge upon exercise if it occurs.
    Weekly and OEM (end of the month), to the best of my knowledge, are based on European Style Expiration. This means that they will only be automatically exercised only on expiration date if the options are determined to be "in the money" based on CME criteria.

3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

ES FOPS expire into cash, excepting the Quarterly which expires into the front future.

(I think. You'll have to check on Monday.)

4. Why I’m God’s name would you hold anything to expiration?

5. Overnight

Overnight

Maybe he/she be agnostic? Therefore your question would not make sense to him/her. Teehee.

6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Why in the name of Jumping Jehovah would you ignore the original post so utterly?:rolleyes:

Chubbly likes this.
  7. Thank you guys.

Just to be clear.

1. OTM options long or short at expiration will be abandoned
    2. ITM options long or short at expiration will be assigned or exercised automatically.

so tommcginnis, you mentioned it will expire in cash. Are you saying that my ITM options long or short will be credited the profit in term of cash instead of getting assigned the actual underlying futures contracts?

Because I really don't want to get assigned a futures contract whatsoever.

Also with this automatic assignment/exercise, will a broker charge a fee? and if so which broker has the lower exercise/assignment fee on ES FOPS?

8. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Some questions -- particularly those with ready answers via a search engine or from your own account/platform -- are best answered by those posing them, to find the best information, and to learn *where/how* to find that information.

(I think I put that well.)

Sprout likes this.
  9. Handle123

Handle123

How about calling them all and letting us know? What you think we spend all day to see who charges pennies or dollars cheaper?

tommcginnis likes this.
  10. Sprout

Sprout

The same reason why the mad cow wants to jump over the moon?

#10     Feb 18, 2018
    Chubbly and tommcginnis like this.