options on crude oil ?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Kicking, Jun 16, 2005.

1. On which exchange does the KOSPI futures trade? Where do you get your charts ?

#11     Jun 30, 2005
  2. ids

ids

just21 asks

2. Liffe commodity options on cocoa,coffee, sugar etc, when are they coming?

We are offering these options.

#12     Jun 30, 2005
  3. bebe

bebe

#13     Jun 30, 2005
  4. Thanks Bebe, I'll look into it.

I've discovered several Korean Futures Brokers, there is a big variety out there. Here are two examples:

http://www.hyundaifutures.com/english/

and

http://www.yesfutures.co.kr/english/

So far I've found out that the Kospi 200 Future requires a margin of 15 % of the contract value, which equals a leverage of 6.6.

The low leverage is a drawback in my eyes despite the fact that this future often moves 1 % per day.

Interestingly, it's the options on the Kospi Future that produce the huge liquidity in this market.

Given the spread of just one tick ( as mentioned above by someone) and the enormous liquidity, could one use the options to daytrade this index ? This way one should be able to get a higher leverage...

#14     Jul 2, 2005
  5. Hm, it seems that one has to put up a margin for the Kospi options, too, since the options are based on the Kospi future...so I guess there is no way to get around that 15 % margin...please correct me if I'm wrong.

BlueHorseshoe,

which broker do you use ? What are your commissions ?

Thanks,

Marsupilami

#15     Jul 2, 2005
  6. bebe

bebe

"Given the spread of just one tick ( as mentioned above by someone) and the enormous liquidity, could one use the options to daytrade this index ?"

Yes!:p

#16     Jul 3, 2005
  7. bebe

bebe

From their website:
    "....the trading volume of KOSPI options has ranked first for 5 consecutive years in all option products traded globally."

This has been the biggest and most liquid options market in the whole Universe.

No fxxxing with floorguys, no cursing, no 20% wide bid/ask spreads to fight - just "get what you see and get it immdiately!" trading!:D :D :D

#17     Jul 3, 2005
  8. That's good to hear, but what about the margin ? Do I need to deposit one if I want to trade the options...? A leverage of 6.6 is pretty lame...:mad:

Marsupilami

#18     Jul 3, 2005