Options on Commodities Floor Traders

Discussion in 'Options' started by jfmiii, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Surprise

Surprise

Anyone send his options orders to the Eurodollar pit ? any experience to share ? the screen is only tenth the floor ! Dec volume : 15 K screen , 205K floor .

#41     Oct 14, 2011
  2. Just saw the film "The Pit" -interesting documentary detailing life at the NYBOT and its demise as of 2011. Back in the heydays of open outcry, a guy can go into the membership office with $50000 in capital, lease a seat in the options pit for $350 monthly and trade 5 lots. With the closing of the floor and all options market making being done on screen. Can a small local contact a member firm, lease a seat , trade small with $50000 or is ICE now exclusively for the huge hedge funds acting as locals. Thanks.

#42     May 6, 2013
  3. I was told at the time that Chernobyl was the worst. True or was Continental just as bad? Hard to believe in the day a big bank like that could exist without a branch network!

#43     May 6, 2013
  4. heech

heech

NYBOT pits are no more, all gone.

#44     May 6, 2013
  5. ICE closed ALL the pits late 2012 I think. MY question is can traders make markets on screen by opening an account with a member firm, leasing a seat and become a local on screen using ICE's order platform.

#45     May 6, 2013