Options on BBY

Discussion in 'Options' started by TimtheEnchanter, May 19, 2022.

1. Some options have decent spreads and liquidity but BBY SUCKS...I am thinking of quitting options except on QQQ, SPY. I have 2, 5 wide put spread for earnings and this is the state of my position.
    upload_2022-5-19_8-34-15.png

At one point it was down 32 on the long and only up 7 on the short. The market maker is a thief.

2. upload_2022-5-19_8-47-28.png
    Now this...

3. zdreg

zdreg

Enter orders in between the bid and ask. If there is interest your order will be filled.

4. Those are my positions, but the pricing seems very inefficient and spreads are so. big you can drive mack through. I got filled at the middle, just have to wait after earning to unwind.
    It got a little better as BBY got softer

5. upload_2022-5-19_9-44-36.png

6. So this is what SUCKS...
    upload_2022-5-19_9-49-34.png

7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

if it makes you feel better, i have an IC that swings 50k/day on marks. 50k is about $1 for the IC on a single stock name that's about 80 dollars in price.

you're pnl could be real if vol is softening or the stock is higher now.

TrailerParkTed likes this.
  8. The market is up but BBY is sideways, anyway no biggie, I wait for earnings next Tuesday.

9. GotherL

GotherL

When it's trending the liquidity/spread is actually decent.

But when it's sideways, yeah it can be quite terrible.

10. ET180

ET180

Liquidity on single stocks and even some smaller ETFs has dried up. When the market becomes volatile and you have 100+ point S&P daily swings, you'll see liquidity dry up on all, but the major indexes. And we haven't even begun QT yet...should get interesting...

#10     May 21, 2022