Options on 3X Leveraged Bullish ETF

Discussion in 'Options' started by dragonman, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Are there any options on leveraged bullish ETFs of major indexes (such as the S&P 500) with a leverage ratio of at least 3?

If so, I would appreciate if you give me the symbols, thanks (so far I only found options on a 2x bullish ETF).

2. antaram

antaram

trading options on 3x etf with vix around 50 is a great idea

add TNA to your list

3. I know about FAS but I am trying to find a 3x ETF on a broader index (such as the S&P 500, DJIA, FTSE, etc.). Is there anything like that?

4. thanks but do you have other suggestions except for TNA (which is a small cap index)? I am looking for a broader indexes.

5. The etfdb website has a good ETF search engine so if you can't find it there, it probably doesn't exist.
    Also, any reason you can't just use futures options? That'd give you leverage and they're on all the major indexes.

6. I am not looking for short term options and longer term futures options are relatively less liquid than longer term ETF options.

7. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

This makes no senses. You can't take 3x ETFs longer term, they all trend down in the end because of their nature. Daily consolidations make them a diminishing asset except for short periods of time.

8. He's probably right about this. I've looked for some time as well. It's just not out there. But you could try these 2x ETF's: SSO (S&P), QLD (NASDAQ), DDM (DOW).