Options Newsletter services

Discussion in 'Options' started by ckrieger1, Oct 29, 2003.

1. ckrieger1

ckrieger1

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has heard of Momentum Online or The Wolf option newsletters? I was thinking of subscribing since they have been around for years and have tons of testimonials but I wanted to know what some people thought about their service. Also, has anyone actually been a user of their service and has results from their previous trades, both winners and losers? Thanks.

2. vega

vega

And frankly, you're crazy if you sign up and pay for ANY option newsletter. Either the prices they recommend with be unobtainable or you will strictly be helping to move the market "their" way so that they can get out of a losing trade. Save your money, buy some good option trading books and go from there. Sorry to be a downer, but I haven't heard of anyone talking about a good one for years. Put it this way, if there pics were so good, they would make more off trading them then trying to sell them to other people. And if they were actually trading them, trust me, you don't want other people to know what your position is, so broadcasting their position would only hurt their cause.

Vega:D

3. ckrieger1

ckrieger1

I emailed the editor of these 2 newsletters this morning asking for their trade history and I was glad he actually gave it to me. There were 19 Wolf stock trades since 07/02 and only one of them was a loser. And Momentum Online had 12 option trades within the last 18 months with 2 losers but the profit made on the winners was greater than those with Wolf. If anyone wants to see these results I could post them on here.

4. vega

vega

Geez............
    This sounds even hokier than most. Only 19 trades in almost 19 months ????????????? Don't post any results here, because that really looks like you are advertising for them. I'll give you a little leeway and assume that you're not affiliated with them, although it sounds kind of shaky that you're first post is asking about this specific service and you are willing to post their results. Hopefully I'm wrong, but there are lots of people that come here and try to sell their services without paying for advertising using this kind of method. I would be very skeptical of this place, although a winning trade would be able to pay for the newsletter, only getting one or maybe 2 trades a month sounds really weak.

Veag:D

5. white17

white17

"The Wolf", I think his name was Alan, was a plague on these boards several years ago until we finally exposed the guy. He hasn't been back since. Save your money.

6. ckrieger1

ckrieger1

Yeah that's his name. How did you expose him? Did someone who subscribes to his newsletter say something? I remember seeing some posts about him a couple years ago on a different message board but I was never able to find out exactly why his newsletter was a scam. I've tried posting on other message boards asking about him but nobody really knows anything except that he used to advertise his service a lot.

7. white17

white17

Well it seems to me it was back on the old forum in about 1997 or 98. Long enough that I can't recall exactly what happened. he just showed up on the boards one day and pretty soon everyone was inundated with spam from the guy. Seems to me we must have caught him in some contradictions more than once. Baron finally looked into the guy or took some administrative action against him and he's been gone ever since.

Maybe some other "old timer" will remember more accurately. I'm pretty sure ArchAngel was on the boards back then too.

8. I want to enter this newsletter businesss. Do you think it is easier to run?

9. copa8

copa8

would appreciate if you could post the results from the two newsletters.
    thanks.

10. ckrieger1

ckrieger1

Since someone mentioned they think I might be affiliated with these newsletters I won't post the results on the board but I will send you a private message with the results.

#10     Oct 31, 2003