Options Mentoring

Discussion in 'Options' started by riskfreetrading, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Hello

I think before a person is ready to be "mentored" he or she needs to obtain some basic education about options. You can do this through the exchange (CBOE) programs, or you can read some basic texts. I like the book by Lawrence McMillan titled "Options as a Strategic Investment". Charles Cottle also writes some good books on the subject and provides other services.

Also I notice that there are experienced floor traders who provide mentorship services. One is Dan Sheridan. You can get additional info from the site archives. Use search at the top of ET home page.

I am reading McMillan's book now and like it very much.

Drcha's advice is good to remember. Be careful, there are trolls and psychos on this site. They are easy to identify because they have the IQ of a hamster and the content of their posts has nothing to do with the subject of the thread. Fortunately the site has an "Ignore" feature you can use if they bother you...

Good luck
    Steve

#21     Mar 7, 2009
  2. Thank you. I am not taking it for advice. I am just exploring and discussing the concepts/ideas, just to receive critiques.

If I ever decide to do anything, it will be submitted to professionals in the respective areas.

#22     Mar 7, 2009
  3. My friend, do not be emotional because I disagree with you on a result which is mathematical true. There is no sitting on sidlines in mathematical results for which the answer is either True or False.

I think you are a nice guy in general, even after all what you have spinned against me, and your repetitive attempts to deform truths.

The result is this. I will state it in a mathematical type of result, so that you have less chances to spinn:

THEOREM: If realized volty is equal to implied volatility during a period T, and if it is realized on one side only, then the stock will reach a price X in period T (price X is computed using (a formula not published here).

Proof: Also not provided here.

Now if you want to disprove the above theorem it is easy. All what you have to do is to find a stock, and volty that satisfy what is in the above theorem, and yet violate the price X. I clarified this for you at least 4 times.

You do not go around, and say it is wrong because you believe it is wrong, or you disregard conditions in the theorem because you did not read them or you did not like them. I gave you the example of Pythagoras theorem. You do not state that P. theorem is wrong because you have found a triangle that did not verify the result. You still have to double check checking whether it is a right angle triangle or not.

Since I explained the above to you multiple time, it proved that you do not understand proofs in logic. To prove A implies B, find a counter example,, meaning find an example where A is true but B is not. If you cannot find an example, you either stop talking or seek the proof why the result is true. Of course you can continue to doubt. That is fine by me. However, I am not going to give you the proof because it also contains insight. So your shaking of the tree will not get you the fruit.

#23     Mar 7, 2009
  4. Thank you Steve for your excellent post, for your trading education recommendations, and also for the advice for me to be careful. I really started this thread with good intention to share and learn, but I feel not good when I see some people making attacks. Luckily I am learning from people like yourself and others including Dr.Cha.

Best regards

#24     Mar 7, 2009
  5. Did it not occur to you that there are things in life that you cannot buy even if you had all the money to afford it? In my case, you will not be able to buy my services, not because your will not be able to pay for them, but because they will not be offered to you.

#25     Mar 7, 2009
  6. Loki

Loki

This board is full of trolls and wanna be who like to talk about money/investing/trading, it is just overwelming.

Unless you have something to back up what you say, please don't talk about money, because you don't know anything more than the next person.

If you talk about money and you want to be taken seriously, you must back up what you say.

Having over 3000 posts does not make you a mentor, and unfortunately that is your only " performance."

#26     Mar 7, 2009
  7. You are now on my ignore list. Congratulations!

#27     Mar 7, 2009
  8. spindr0

spindr0

It isn't just here. It's all across the interent on every financial BB.

Now look what you've gone and done. You've going to be punished and put on his ignore list. LOL....

#28     Mar 7, 2009
  9. One more post irrelevent to the topic, and you will join his ranks as well. Two clicks, and your name is done.

#29     Mar 7, 2009
  10. spindr0

spindr0

Hey, now there's a plan. Not only will we be able converse about options without your convoluted jibberish filled responses but if we can get everyone to piss you off, you'll have everyone on ignore and no one to talk to here except your multiple handles. "Doos" me a favor and put me on ignore ASAP!

#30     Mar 8, 2009