Options Mentoring

Discussion in 'Options' started by riskfreetrading, Mar 5, 2009.

1. A <i>professional</i> would recognize that a trading record is not flawed. If you want to be a fee-charging mentor who makes trade selections, then you must have a trading record that has been <b>independently audited</b> - for several years.

Mark

#11     Mar 7, 2009
  2. The only independent records that should be trusted are (1) the TAX records from uncle Sam himself, accompanied with an affidavit to hedge against perjury. (2) the record I see with my own eye live till I am convinced. As for those audited stuff, it is not worth the paper they are written on in my view. I wrote about the possible manipulations using multiple accounts, in addition the auditors and their clients are not all ...

I trust only facts I witness, math/science results, and the money paid to uncle sam. In addition the money paid to uncle sam should be more than 3 years in the past so that a refiling cannot take place.

In relation to maths and market prediction, did you remember that you wote that it is wrong to say that SPY can move 23 points in 38 days or less, from top to bottom if implied is realized on one side only. You did not conceive of it, and argue so much, because SPY was in $84 area, and the 60s looked so far away for you to be reached in 38 days or less. I did not answer all your back and forth nonsense, because I thought to leave the job to the market to do it. And it did. It has moved $20 (87 to 67) in only half that time (19 days). Check the chart of you still do not believe it. Only $3 less to complete the job, and it still has twice the amount of time.

The above prediction is not some hot words, it is mathematically proven. There is no room for beliefs in a mathematical results.

That is the type of results mentees should receive: scientific results they can trust, with the why proved on a piece of paper so they can understand it and learn the reasons for it in depth.

If you have asked me the mathematical proof, and learned from you, it would helped you in your account the last two weeks-- and during the rest of your life.

#12     Mar 7, 2009
  3. #13     Mar 7, 2009
  4. Loki

Loki

To Elite TRADER Members:

Imagine you are in pain, someone comes up to you telling you he will fix all your problems, but the very moment you ask him if he he is a doctor/ has a licence to operate and has experience he'll start talking to you about the weather.

Like dagnyt suggested there are independently audited trading records, but the OP doesn't like the idea of showing you anything.

This was my comment before:

" Are you saying that you would pick the record of someone else, is that what it takes to be a mentor now ?
    There is not much to choose either you have a record for the last 3-5 years or you do not.

In the end it is still about whatever you can make money or not, everything else is irrilevant. There is no need to explain anything, or to make excuses.

If one can not make money he'll keep talking bla bla bla..., but if one can make money one can prove it, it is as simple as that. "

If you give him money isn't your right to know if he has credibility before you make any business with him ?
    He totally ignored my comment.

Why does this "option mentor" is afraid and find excuses when asked if he can make money ?

#14     Mar 7, 2009
  5. spindr0

spindr0

You're getting all of the bla bla bla because there is no legitimate track record to display. Instead, you're receiving a bolus of excuses about ways to phony up account performance and fool Uncle Sam.

#15     Mar 7, 2009
  6. spindr0

spindr0

That's a lot of hooey because it's impossible to poduce a stellar record over an extended period of time by using two accounts.

An old story comes to mind which may possibl just be urban legend about a wannabe newsletter seller (a charlatan). He starts out with 8,000 mailings and he sends a commodity buy signal to 1/2 and a sell signal on the same commodity to the other half.

Next, he divides the 4,000 who got the correct signal into 2 groups. 2,000 get the new buy signal and 2,000 get the new sell signal, again, both on the same commodity.

And the process is repeated one more time and he ends up with 1,000 who got 3 good signals in a row. Now the pitch comes:

" For only $999 dollars, you can receive consistent signals like these and make a fortune. Live easy, vacation hard. Never work again. " Etc, etc.

It doesn't take may suckers to cover expenses and go positive.

What's the point of the story? Imagine using two accounts in order to try to run up a bogus track record. If you only have to make 3 winning trades, it's no big deal. But if you really don't know what you're doing, eg. which trades will succeed, it's impossible to get a track record in one account that has years of successful trading, eg ,100's if not 1000's of trades.

#16     Mar 7, 2009
  7. Goodbye forever,
    Mark

#17     Mar 7, 2009
  8. Loki

Loki

I feel the same way, unless he can't back up how good of an option mentor he is I won't give him a penny.

#18     Mar 7, 2009
  9. spindr0

spindr0

MATHS? LOL. Yup, been there, seen that one before.
    Sort of deja vu all over again.

Arriverderci, tata and tfmm.

#19     Mar 7, 2009
  10. drcha

drcha

Probably yes. But I'm not an attorney, or an insurance professional. You need to get advice from the right places. You should not be taking the word of anyone on this board for anything.

#20     Mar 7, 2009