options mentoring

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by HeywoodJablome, Mar 1, 2008.

1. I also think that Cottle is good in terms of the way one should look at options. I am however not sure that he is a top trader (otherwise he would already be a multi-billionaire). He also seem to have problems with writing,typos, etc, which may indicate other communication problems. I however, during a discussion with him, felt that he is honest and of course he is an expert in the topic. He told me that a person who makes 20 to 25% in options per month would be in the top 1 to 5 in the world of all times, and that money would line up for such a person to manage it. I never took anything from him, but I read one of his books.

I also think that someone who really want to have other views on options should read the work of a man who is dead a long time ago. The name of that man is Bachelier! Read his thesis if you did not.

I believe that thesis is the best work on options ever written.

#21     Mar 2, 2008
    #22     Mar 2, 2008
  3. I just really want to thank all of you for your honest opinions. I will contact cottle in the next day or 2 and see what he has to offer. I loved his book and feel that , optioncoach, you are correct in that his material is far more comprehensive than other programs.

I would also like to complement everyone for being civil, respectful and forthright. I greatly respect your opinions and will continue to monitor this sight. Your help and expertise is greatly appreciated.

#23     Mar 2, 2008
  4. Good luck.

And it is kind of ironic that you are thanking us for being civil when your user ID is asking us to blow you....

#24     Mar 2, 2008
  5. Sure can't answer this, but will say if yuo're going to have a psych disorder, OCD and/or anxiety are some of the most treatable.

Mellow meds (SSRI's, Buspirone, benzos, etc) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). CBT is designed to be short and effective; 5-20 one hour sessions with LOTS of work on coping skills and tools, and teaching the patient to train themselves.

Wasn't it Seykota who said, "If yuo don't know who yuo are, the market is an expensive place to learn."?

#25     Mar 2, 2008
  6. BTW - the OP doesn't seem to have real OCD, just "anally fixated" in the Freudian sense. :D

#26     Mar 2, 2008
  7. dear optioncoach,

don't really want anyone to give me a BJ, I swear.

as for my psych history, I actually have obsessive-compulsive personality trait. Not anal fixation. actually it is a subclinical form of OCD which requires no treatment.

seykota was right. I don't need to be learning about myself in the market. I already know who I am from playing poker for tens of thousands of $$. I need an experienced person showing me what to do w/i the confines of who I know myself to be.

thanks again everyone.

#27     Mar 3, 2008
  8. bunngp

bunngp

#28     Mar 3, 2008
  9. danf

danf

I’ve researched 3 of those listed and am going with the DiscoverOptions product. I liked the fact that they have 4 experienced professionals, 2 former floor traders, and 2 experienced financial professionals. I felt that would give me a broader perspective than working with one person. Additionally, I liked the fact I would have private 1 on 1 sessions, not group sessions run by students. For that kind of money, I want personal service.

I would suggest getting a free consultation, that way you can get a feel for what the service actually delivers. Make sure you get your moneys worth.

#29     Mar 4, 2008
  10. try these first if you haven't:

http://oiwebcasts.cboe.com/portal/v_h.asp

At least this helps to see Dan's approach. I don't know about others, but heard that Dan charges one time fee, and gives access to his webinars, live trading, and the community for a long time (besides his mentoring for a few months).

Overall, I think it will also depend on your goal, e.g. day trading, options trading, long term trading, stocks/options.

Pl. update us your findings/decision, and the reason/perspective.

#30     Apr 5, 2008