options mentoring

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by HeywoodJablome, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Seriously, no way you are being serious, if that is how you feel then by all means follow atticus and lose money but riskarb is not going to BS you.

#11     Mar 2, 2008
  2. That's a damn good way of putting it.

#12     Mar 2, 2008
  3. Agree completely.

I worked at Tony Saliba's firm in Chicago, and Charlie developed and taught a lot of the courses used to teach the European banks that were Saliba's clients.

#13     Mar 2, 2008
  4. Why you do not consider contacting people you think can help you here at ET, see what they can do for you, and hire them? You can hire most people, it is sometimes just a question of how much in addition to other considerations? As someone said, if the mentor is busy mentoring, what guarantee you will have to get his attention and pick his brain on some nuggests that really make money. There is a difference between a suit made by a tailor, and one you buy at a XXX store. Check if the gold is next to you, before looking somewhere else.

#14     Mar 2, 2008
  5. Cottle teaches straight-forward, how to think like a market maker kind of traidng and emphasizes spreads and position dissection. If you master what he teaches, the rest look like elementary school teachers in my humble opinion. As I said if you are already set on spending the money, get you some Cottle information. Start with his book and then sign up for some one on one mentoring. Tell him I personally recommended that you go to him :) (yeah I swing like that lol...)

#15     Mar 2, 2008
  6. Is he the Tony Saliba featured in Market Wizards? If yes why not go for the man (Tony Saliba) himself, unless the top of the tree is really not the top of the tree.

#16     Mar 2, 2008
  7. Here's my experience with the OCD (and it's accompanying anxiety):
    At first, it will slow yuo down because yuo will analyze everything to death and have to assure yuorself repeatedly that yuo understand and are on ther right track.

BUT, once yuo get some time and experience under yuor belt, yuo'll find that yuo have a deep understanding yuo'd not have had if yuo hadn't gone through this over-reaching analysis.

Bottom line is that this is who yuo are, and it isn't likely to change. So use this as a strength and realize how it can be an impediment if not well understood.

#17     Mar 2, 2008
  8. Yep, same guy.

I was there in the mid-90's and Tony, himself, is on to other things. He was not involved in the training aspect much - I doubt if he would teach anyone.

Yuo might see if the firm still has the internship program - yuo work for free for several months, but get to take all their training classes for free and make connections.

#18     Mar 2, 2008
  9. Couldn't agree more - well said!

#19     Mar 2, 2008
  10. Curious what well known profitable traders have OCD?

#20     Mar 2, 2008