"Options market pricing in a X% move on the stock"

Discussion in 'Options' started by a529612, Jan 24, 2007.

1. cdowis

cdowis

He says that he will not take just anyone into this service, implying that he has to turn people away.

Hmmm......

#31     Feb 2, 2007
  2. It doesn't matter because the two buyers have the same objective . Making money is equivalent to losing less money.

John

#32     Feb 2, 2007
  3. Yeah, there is an "application" , also... But when I signed up for the regular insideoptions subscription, I was given a free trial to the blog, no forms or other junk to fill out. Also, he gave away a free trial to optionmonster members (membership is free) a few months back.

#33     Feb 2, 2007
  4. cvds16

cvds16

you have no clue how options work, the buyer could have a volatility play and the seller could have a directional play on. They both could make money with their options.

#34     Feb 3, 2007
  5. "He says that he will not take just anyone into this service, implying that he has to turn people away.

Hmmm......"

Hmmm indeed!! Somehow, I don't see him turning away clients willing to throw cash at him.

However, if you're stupid enough to throw cash at a guy who shows up on tv wearing THREE TRADING BADGES (CME, CBOT, CBOE) AT THE SAME TIME, then you deserve what you get.

Caveat Emptor!!

#35     Feb 4, 2007
  6. You have no clue what John means. He compares two buyers, you compare a buyer and a seller. And he is right: from bearish to neutral = from neutral to bullish.

#36     Feb 4, 2007
  7. arturo3

arturo3

In order to get some meaningful information, wouldn't be sufficient to see how the open interest changes?

#37     Feb 11, 2007
  8. Open interest doesn't say whether it was bought on the offer or sold on the bid.

#38     Feb 12, 2007
  9. arturo3

arturo3

Correct. But the open interest tells you the amount of new positions being opened on that option, i.e., an increase of the open interest on a call tells you that there is an increase of long positions on that derivative and viceversa.

#39     Feb 12, 2007
  10. In that case, is it effective to compare open interest (buys) vs volume-open interest (sells), instead of the P-C ratio?

#40     Feb 12, 2007