options-intelligence

Discussion in 'Options' started by copa8, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. copa8

copa8

hi,
    anyone have experience or knowledge of the strategy offered at http://options-intelligence.com/index.htm? i'm thinking about purchasing their options strategy, but want to gather some info on it first. all comments/advice would be appreciated.
    thanks in advance.

2. Don't hold your breath waiting for success ...

3. Wiener

Wiener

"Twenty-five percent month in and month out adds up over time. "

All for $499. Looks like a no-brainer to me :D

4. Maybe the State of California should purchase the program to make up for their deficits.:D

5. deepitm

deepitm

Their FAQ page implies that they charge $499. If you go to their order page it is $799.

6. ges

ges

I'll go way out on a limb :D and suggest that their claims are BS. :D It's another Barnum and Bailey sucker play and they are waiting for the next one to come along.

g

7. lindq

lindq

First clue of danger - no contact information such as an address or phone number. Second clue - they apparently do not respond to e-mails, as I was also curious about their claims. Third clue - payment is handled by a third party. So no trace to the site owners. Fourth clue - web site was developed by a college student.

Get the picture?

There was a single time in my trading career when I fell for a web pitch, and only because they seemed sincere about refunding my money if not satisfied, which they eventually did. It was a site promoting what seemed to be a logical strategy of buying stocks that were slotted to join major indexes, such as S&P, Wilshire, etc. But when I received the material, these buttheads had based all their calculations on buying a stock at the LOW of one day, and selling at the HIGH of the following day, without any clue as to how define the high or a low on those particular days. That was the source of their backtested claims! When I politely pointed out that their claims were either stupid or fraudulent, or both, at least they refunded my money. But one can't always count on that.

8. copa8

copa8

to all: thanks for all your responses. btw, found out that the options strategy mentioned has something to do with open interest and volume.

to lindq: thanks for the heads-up. also, i believe the web pitch you fell for is called The Index Adjustment System http://www.stockstrategy.net/

9. lindq

lindq

Yes, that was it. The Index Adjustment System. I notice that they are still selling their crap on the web, long after I reported them to the FTC. So much for our taxes at work.

10. ges

ges

Seems it is very easy to get around whatever laws there are. Look at Indigo. A complete scam and all they ever got was a very light slap on the wrist. Had to put up a whimpy disclaimer. Buyer beware.

g

#10     Jul 11, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.