Options for Forex

Discussion in 'Forex' started by redbull13, Mar 10, 2006.

1. igor123

igor123

Right now the spread on IG on EURUSD dailies (that is what I trade) is 5 pips weeklies 10 pips, if You could suggest a broker with similar or a lower spread I'd be grateful.

#11     Mar 13, 2006
  2. achilles28

achilles28

I'd like to trade forex options but, to my knowledge, non-standard expiries aren't offered.

Am i wrong?

#12     Mar 13, 2006
  3. yes, you are wrong... check out the sites mentioned and do a little research...

#13     Mar 13, 2006
  4. achilles28

achilles28

cool. Thanks.

#14     Mar 13, 2006
  5. doesn't really matter, because the spread is widened by ig at will durin' the session. the broker is also very dishonest, committed to illegal practices and defrauding' activities.
    by the way u work for them don't u?

#15     Mar 13, 2006
  6. igor123

igor123

You seem to be a little bit paranoid here. So far I'm satisfied with IG but maybe will change my mind in the near future, who knows. Anyway can anyone suggest a broker that allows to sell daily fx options except for "Saxo" and "Man".

#16     Mar 13, 2006
  7. Ikon seems to be a white label for Saxo, could be wrong. Man doesn't offer the former-Refco exotics, but I think GNI[Man-owned] offers exotics via phone dealing. Saxo states they offer exotics, but the dealer is always "out today", and their back-office is the worst in the industry. The only positive I can mention is the spread on their vanillas never exceed 10pips. Pip-premium < .0050 often trade at 7pip-markets or less. BOM seems to pay-out. Oanda had the perfect setup, but killed the options-platform this week.

UBS, DB, SocGen, etc... are viable for top-tier accounts. UBS will not take US retail, regardless of $.

#17     Jul 2, 2006
  8. u might get paranoid uself when ig start addin' misterious transfers and transactions that never took place and showin' a positive net while affectin' your acct negatively. beware, shit can really happen at ig.

#18     Jul 2, 2006
  9. Chood

Chood

I've wondered about that for over two years, which is how long I've been waiting for a reply to my query to UBS's Atlanta office, specifically sent to the email address of the person whose name I was given to contact there, about trading spot forex thru UBS.

The account amount I mentioned to the representative was not, uh, inconsequential, but I gather from your comment that I could have mentioned any amount and not gotten a reply.

#19     Jul 2, 2006
  10. Pretty crass that they didn't offer the courtesy of a reply, but they're of the opinion that the large retail client isn't worth the effort. My wife attempted to open a personal account to use fxtrader through their wealth mgmt dept and was turned down with multiples of their $500k corp req.

#20     Jul 3, 2006