options for average individual

Discussion in 'Options' started by Treve1, Jun 19, 2012.

1. I have a suggestion. Learn when a company is going to release earnings and under which monthly options this date will fall.

Go and get back data for how a stock's vol levels were around earnings dates. Become very knowledgeable about this data for stocks in a few business sectors, such as banks, retailers, semisconductors, social media etc.

#11     Jun 20, 2012
  2. Then what do you do after?

:)

#12     Jun 20, 2012
  3. Treve1

Treve1

That is worth considering. However, I stared with stocks and I found them in a way more difficult to trade than options. The reason is that when I am buying options I am risking only small fraction of my capital, which I can lose and still survive, in other words while buying strangle I am defining my maximal lose, which is the amount I paid for the strangle itself, plus it never happens that my strangle went to 0.
    I can't do it with stocks as I am not able to work with stops, stops are just not working for me in a marker which is closing and opening with large gaps the next day. It could work perhaps with forex, but it is too technical for me. What is actually ES market? Many are talking in this forum about ES.

#13     Jun 20, 2012
  4. Treve1

Treve1

#14     Jun 20, 2012
  5. Treve1

Treve1

good point actually and imagine I registered five years ago here, red tons of information on this forum, and still poor trader. Hope they wont remove me from here :)

#15     Jun 20, 2012