Options Education - Got a Website / Book / PDF You Like? Post It Up

Discussion in 'Options' started by easymon1, Feb 21, 2021.

1. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

It depends on what you want to achieve. If you arb skew, then of course you would want to hedge with the option on the other side of spot (you sold a otm call so you want to buy an OTM put) and hedge delta with shares.
    OTM vs ATM you oviously also want to hedge with options.

IV vs. stat vol you buy nuke protection and use shares.

When it comes to risk, you want to establish min/max for each greek and try to stay within that greek regardless of time.

#51     Mar 7, 2021
    Atikon, ironchef and cesfx like this.
  2. caroy

caroy

Maybe a few of us should go together and author a book specifically on the butterfly as few if any actually exist. An entertaining Spring / Summer project.

#52     Mar 7, 2021
    .sigma likes this.
  3. easymon1

easymon1

4. easymon1

easymon1

5. Eikfe

Eikfe

I was a creditspread seller (1 trick pony), but last year I realised that it has become more difficult for me to be consistently profitable. In these markets, you have to be able to adjust.

So which books talks about adjusting positions in detail (how /when / why ) besides the Charles Cottle book?

#55     Mar 31, 2021
  6. jamesbp

jamesbp

Why "besides the Charles Cottle book" ?

#56     Apr 1, 2021
  7. Eikfe

Eikfe

His book is tough. I'm gonna read it for the 3rd time, but chapter 1 is very hard to understand.
    I do have to say that everytime I read it, i get a new understanding.

#57     Apr 1, 2021
  8. jamesbp

jamesbp

Trading is a tough game though ... there is no 'easy way' to learn
    ... although plenty will try and sell you a 'Triple-income-wheel' strategy that appeals to the naive

I seem to remember Cottle introduces his book as starting where others have finished

#58     Apr 1, 2021
    Eikfe likes this.
  9. easymon1

easymon1

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    #59     Apr 3, 2021
  10. easymon1

easymon1