Options Education - Got a Website / Book / PDF You Like? Post It Up

Discussion in 'Options' started by easymon1, Feb 21, 2021.

1. .sigma

.sigma

his analogies in that book are bar none. But I agree the first chapter isn’t much to remember, but the book doesn’t read as a story, so you can jump around chapters. Each chapter he analogies speculation to other aspects of his life (chess, horse racing etc)

you read books to determine if you’d invest in the authors fund? Baller lol

#91     Apr 22, 2021
  2. Traders of the New Era by Fernando Oliveira chapter 13 ;-)

#92     Apr 22, 2021
  3. .sigma

.sigma

F3CEFA5E-7D13-456C-A0FD-BEA65118775E.jpeg

#93     Apr 22, 2021
  4. .sigma

.sigma

I bought this book last year just for that chapter. Sadly, I expected more. The author asked Desty really boring unrelated questions to the topic at hand. Could’ve been much better IMO

#94     Apr 22, 2021
  5. Perhaps but if you look at it like this. Look at what is in the book to what he talks about now, his trading has evolved. I quizzed Dest awhile ago about why he hadn't mentioned any pitchforks in his trades for awhile and his response was he had found something better to isolate skew.
    But there is one thing that has remained constant and is a quiz for you "sell peak ..... and buy the ....."

#95     Apr 23, 2021
  6. .sigma

.sigma

no, Dest answers were fine. It was the interviews questions that were weak IMO

#96     Apr 23, 2021
  7. Cordier.jpg

Well, since we had discussed this one so much recently, I guess it was time for the cover of the FIRST book... I will probably read it for the 3'rd time before 2021 is up. Thought it was decent the last two times, but I still have a lot to master...

p.s. Waiting for Karen the SuperTrader's book to come out. Alright, that's sarcasm, HOWEVER, I heard rumors on TastyTrade there was a movie on her being filmed.

#97     Apr 24, 2021
  8. destriero

destriero

Fernando is Brazilian and asked me to edit the chapter but I had a lot of stuff going on at the time and didn't get around to doing so. There were quite a few translation errors ("logarithm"), but I answered what was asked.

#98     Apr 24, 2021
    Atikon and .sigma like this.
  9. LIN.jpg

This may be laughable by some... but I found some Lin Tso books at a thrift store and couldn't resist. Even though it's a big trip down memory lane for some (lots of these written in the 70s), I am finding them a joy to read. Lots of real-life examples... of course you'll have to get used to pre-decimalization, etc.

#99     Apr 25, 2021
    robbe and .sigma like this.
  10. easymon1

easymon1

#100     Apr 28, 2021