Options Dream: BIDU 460 Call goes from .40 to $12...anyone get in?

Discussion in 'Options' started by increasenow, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Options Dream: BIDU 460 Call goes from .40 to $12...anyone get in?...this happened today...wow...anyone get in on any portion of this?

2. 50_luma

50_luma

reading some of the posts here i can guarantee you some traders caught the whole move, too bad from the wrong side

3. I imagine someone got and the right side also

4. That's not the most impressive. Bidu Jan 410 call was $0.40 on Jan/12, now it is $55. Did you catch the whole thing?

5. In hindsight, everything is clear. Could you have predicted on Jan 2 that Google would threaten to abandon Chinese market? The sharp increase in call value was partly due to this event, and I bet most people who longed calls before this event did so for reasons other than the Sino-Google dispute.

6. NoDoji

NoDoji

I don't trade BIDU, but looking at the chart, it was REALLY oversold the day before the news and I bet a lot options traders who play swing moves started back month call positions Tuesday and woke up to a very nice Wednesday.

I feel sorry for the premium writers who didn't cash out, figuring with 3 days till expiration why bother.

7. did you??...ahh...I'd still say from .40 to $12 is great...most traders wait their whole life for this...in ONE day...wowo

8. Would they feel sorry for the buyer who let them decay?

9. heech

heech

10. NoDoji

NoDoji

Those of us who are glass-half-full sorts imagine each of the buyers cutting their losses along the way in a manner that keeps them within their acceptable loss limits until that last buyer the day before the news drives the price up $60+ wakes up and books a vacation in Fiji...

#10     Jan 15, 2010