options books

Discussion in 'Options' started by razf1, Jul 16, 2005.

1. razf1

razf1

Hi,

I just finished reading Options Volatility & Pricing and wanted to find out what other books are recommended by seasoned traders.

Thanks,
    Raza

2. Trajan

Trajan

Interestingly, I just read today a book by Carol Alexander called Market Models. It has an excellent discussion of volatility in it along with a bunch of models to estimate it. I was seriously impressed as she adresses some issues for options traders. It may not be what you're looking for though as it isn't a trading book.

Other than that google for an online copy of Coulda, Shoulda , Woulda by Cottle. His original one was called Options Pereception/Deception, but it isn't available.

3. cmk

cmk

If you just read Natenberg once (or five times) I would suggest reading it about a dozen more times.

4. by Baird is VERY GOOD - very practical (like the books by Cottle) and ALL the books by Larry McMillan should be studied.

5. Trajan

Trajan

Agreed, you need to read these books multiple times and the Baird book is pretty good too

6. razf1

razf1

Thanks guys for your input. I will be ordering these books on amazon.

7. Natenberg, Baird and Cottle. Baird focuses on switch-risk and greek modality.

8. Trajan

Trajan

I reread some of the Baird book in the last few days since it was mentioned here. There are definitely some good things discussed there in, although it could go a littel more in depth.

9. =======================
    1[]And just as helpful, Big Trends by Price Headly;
    2] Len Yates-High Performance Options,
    3]options info in 3 Jack Schwager top traders books,
    4]Best bang for buck The Four Biggest Mistakes, by Jay Kaeppel
    :cool:

10. Carl K

Carl K